How will you organize your stuff? (7 Viewers)

ilikebeeef

HSC
LOL everyone starts out like this and eventually it just falls apart for more most people
Looseleaf paper will cause your suicide.
Exercise Books FTW!
I love highlighters.
I want a whiteboard for the sake of having one. :)
I wouldn't be able to concentrate with laptops at school.
i honestly don't think you have to go that far, a pen....$200 maybe? we should just buy some rather cheap pens, like papermate ( i love them!!)
+1. Highlighters = good for quick distinction between 2U, 3U and 4U content in maths books.

Whiteboards are very useful for organising things. They are very hard to lose, unlike pieces of paper. They attract your attention so that you are easily reminded of what you're supposed to be doing.

I don't like laptops at all. You learn better by writing, not typing. You also won't be typing in the exam so you will be unused to writing heaps.

Loose leaf paper are easily lost, and sometimes you just can't be bothered to copy them into books hence you will just stick them in hence your book looks dodgy and sheets may fall out. It takes too much effort required to maintain - it's just not worth it.

Papermate Kilometric pens FTW!

Boxes complicate things.
Lol once I put things in boxes, I never touch them.

I wrote in a book. Shoved all sheets into a plastic sleeve. One plastic sleeve per topic, with sheets ordered chronologically.
I do exactly that. :)

Plus, we get lockers so that will help massively.
I never use lockers lol. I just carry textbooks around like they're my Bible. xD

i was thinking of setting up a vid cam on my laptop.
Lol

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I <3 lockers and my laptop.

Typed notes FTW :p But seriously, whatever floats your boat ^^

klaris

HSC
So, my mother brought home today:

plastic sleeves
A4 binder books
kilometric pack of pens

What kind of folders would I need? I'm a bit hesitant towards the MASSIVE lever-arch ones but I don't know how much notes/handouts I'll get for Modern, Ancient and Ext English.

HSC
So, my mother brought home today:

plastic sleeves
A4 binder books
kilometric pack of pens

What kind of folders would I need? I'm a bit hesitant towards the MASSIVE lever-arch ones but I don't know how much notes/handouts I'll get for Modern, Ancient and Ext English.
why dont you use one of those expandable folders or something like that. I would rather not take a lever arch either. I did that in yr 8, bad idea.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I <3 lockers and my laptop.

Typed notes FTW :p But seriously, whatever floats your boat ^^
I want a locker but it seems like a sort of hassle. What if I need this folder at home and it's in my locker?

HSC
Well, I have now bought everything i need for school apart from new shoes and a few folders :)

musing

HSC
Ugh. I need to buy the school uniform since I'm changing schools.

As for organization, I really don't know.

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought I'd add...

at the moment I am thinking of getting one lever-arch file and filling that with loose-leaf for English. Then I would get a grid book for maths and 128pg books for all other subjects (not sure whether they will be binder book or not.) Since I get a locker this year, I was thinking that when packing for school in the morning, I would put the books that I needed into my binder and then put them all in my locker, apart for the one I need first up. Then at recess, go to my locker and transfer that book for the next one etc. etc. Then at the end of the day, I would cart them all home again.

OR, I just leave or my books a school, but I don't trust that; I'll forget the one that has my homework in it.

As for organisation at home....well...let me get back to you for that one...;)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I thought I'd add...

at the moment I am thinking of getting one lever-arch file and filling that with loose-leaf for English. Then I would get a grid book for maths and 128pg books for all other subjects (not sure whether they will be binder book or not.) Since I get a locker this year, I was thinking that when packing for school in the morning, I would put the books that I needed into my binder and then put them all in my locker, apart for the one I need first up. Then at recess, go to my locker and transfer that book for the next one etc. etc. Then at the end of the day, I would cart them all home again.

OR, I just leave or my books a school, but I don't trust that; I'll forget the one that has my homework in it.

As for organisation at home....well...let me get back to you for that one...;)
I'm not sure what kind of books I need. I'm considering buying a hardcover spiral 200pg A4 book. Is that too many pages or too little? LOL. I revolve my thoughts around the most insignificant things.

xMaFF

HSC
I'm not sure what kind of books I need. I'm considering buying a hardcover spiral 200pg A4 book. Is that too many pages or too little? LOL. I revolve my thoughts around the most insignificant things.
Doesn't really matter what brand I go for, but I always make sure that my exercise books...

- Are A4 size

- Have margins printed

- Have feint, ruled lines

- Are hole punched

- Have at least 192 pages

I usually don't go for spiral though.

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm now thinking I don't wanna get spiral, the pages rip out too easily...

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I'm now thinking I don't wanna get spiral, the pages rip out too easily...
I like spiral because I always write neater in them.

I made my list of what I'm getting and here are the basic things:
- 6 binder folders (one for each topic)
- 300 plastic sleeves (could come handy with the binder folders)
- Looseleafs
ETC E TC ETC

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I like spiral because I always write neater in them.

I made my list of what I'm getting and here are the basic things:
- 6 binder folders (one for each topic)
- 300 plastic sleeves (could come handy with the binder folders)
- Looseleafs
ETC E TC ETC
I tried to minimize the amount of folders which I had, although I think I only ended up brining it down to 4 or 5... but some days I had to take them all home for homework or some kind of work, etc.

So get used to a physically heavy load.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I have one big folder (400 sheets) that I'm going to take to school, complete with dividers and looseleaf paper, and 7 smaller folders at home (1 for each of my subjects, and an extra one for holding past assessments and assignments).

Plus, I have a couple of A5 128pg exercise books that I can use as practical books/log books for the Science subjects.

klaris

HSC
Me !

Except it really depends on how much work I go through each semester. I may branch out to two if I need to.

klaris

HSC
I usually have 128 pg books because I hate when they are too thick and you can write to the edge. I learnt that lesson in year seven science.

Pissed me off soooo much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)