• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

It feels i have lost all hope... (1 Viewer)

Petey9

HSC
N/A
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the 11th grade, but recently, my marks have been dropping dramatically, and i find it hard to understand a lot of questions in general. I keep thinking i have gotten dumber somehow and i will not be able to achieve my goal of a 95 ATAR.

Am i being paranoid ? Do i have a chance?

Thank you all.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
of course there's still hope. a lot of people have trouble adjusting to the new workload in the first few weeks, but if you persevere you'll find that it'll pay off. believe me, there'll be other times when you'll feel like all your efforts are futile only to find that you're pleasantly surprised with your mark.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
of course there's still hope. a lot of people have trouble adjusting to the new workload in the first few weeks, but if you persevere you'll find that it'll pay off. believe me, there'll be other times when you'll feel like all your efforts are futile only to find that you're pleasantly surprised with your mark.
Dead right ^

There's always hope =]

You could try to talk to your teachers for extra help if you think you need it. Or you could try different study techniques.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
+1

You just need to work smarter and perhaps harder as well is all :)

Petey9

HSC
N/A
i find it really hard to finish off work, i feel i just am not doing it right :/

wendybird

HSC
Dude, you'll be fine.

Make sure, if you're struggling, to make your teachers aware of it so they can help you.

Really, stress less, put your head down, work hard, work smart, and play hard too.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
i find it really hard to finish off work, i feel i just am not doing it right :/
ask your teachers for help - they are your bitches for the next two years. get tutoring if you really need it.

failing that, use the syllabus and teach yourself from there.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the 11th grade, but recently, my marks have been dropping dramatically, and i find it hard to understand a lot of questions in general. I keep thinking i have gotten dumber somehow and i will not be able to achieve my goal of a 95 ATAR.

Thank you all.

no you do not have a chance

What the fuck man? Of course you do, did you think it out before asking? Do you just want us to stroke your ego?

I was coming consistent last 10% at the start of year 11 and ended up coming 3rd in school at the end of year 12. If anything, your experience gives you the kick in the ass to get moving. You'll be better equipped to own everyone else. The path to sucess is paved with failure

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
of course you have hope! when there's a will, there's way! just try your best!

also, with an attitude like that, you're not going to get anywhere in the HSC. So persevere!

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Lol you remind me of myself. But if I were you then I would just go talk to a pat HSC student who had suffered loss of confidence. that helps me when I think I'm doomed.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all.
Damn it boy, pull yourself together! Have some pride for the love of god!

scora

HSC
I started off my hsc year with pretty high marks, but then they slowly crept lower and lower. It was pretty demoralising thinking about it, so i guess you need to really focus on what you are going to do- rather than what's already transpired. Keep up those competitive juices and strive for high marks.

*And maybe something you will realise a bit later (i realised once i got my results) is that its never over until the last external hsc paper. Ranks don't mean much if you have a horrible external mark.

red-butterfly

HSC
just as long as you keep working hard for how and the rest of the year i'm sure you'll reach your goal. just think of it this way everyone is having the same problem.

some find it hard coping with the stresses of HSC, believe me

K

khorne

Liberal arts...google it.

The point is, stop worrying about your ATAR. You will get what you deserve, always. Placing a nice, lil' 99.95 and an albert einstein quote doesn't help either. Just study hard and you will be safe from Liberal Arts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)