Driving Test: Reverse Parking (1 Viewer)

Jonneeh

HSC
I've done the driving test recently, unfortunately failed because i was parked too far away from the car in front.

The instructor told me to reverse parallel park behind this car. However, it would have meant my final position would have been obstructing someones driveway. I thought this was like a trick question, so i believed that i should not be blocking the driveway and reversed into a position before it.

Everything was done to standard except for this pettiness that i was "too far away" from the car in front.

Is it me or theres something really messed up with that. At the end the instructors like congratulations no one has ever failed parking before.

beatboxre

HSC
I've done the driving test recently, unfortunately failed because i was parked too far away from the car in front.

The instructor told me to reverse parallel park behind this car. However, it would have meant my final position would have been obstructing someones driveway. I thought this was like a trick question, so i believed that i should not be blocking the driveway and reversed into a position before it.

Everything was done to standard except for this pettiness that i was "too far away" from the car in front.

Is it me or theres something really messed up with that. At the end the instructors like congratulations no one has ever failed parking before.
Wow lol, I feel sorry for you. What a shit instructor, wow. Maybe you should've asked him during the test, "Is it Ok if it's in front of the driveway?"

Good luck for next time, and surely ask him, why did he make you do a parallel park in front of someone's driveway. What a nubcake

Jonneeh

HSC
Wow lol, I feel sorry for you. What a shit instructor, wow. Maybe you should've asked him during the test, "Is it Ok if it's in front of the driveway?"

Good luck for next time, and surely ask him, why did he make you do a parallel park in front of someone's driveway. What a nubcake
But this technically that would be "asking advise from the instructor" which is a fail item. The whole thing in general was stupid out of all places you tell me to park. It has to be behind a car which was right on the edge of a driveway.

seriously if i did park in the driveway that might have failed me as well =.=, lose lose situation

beatboxre

HSC
But this technically that would be "asking advise from the instructor" which is a fail item. The whole thing in general was stupid out of all places you tell me to park. It has to be behind a car which was right on the edge of a driveway.
If your instructor is a good hearted one, they won't mind general questions. I myself asked some questions if I misunderstood or I couldn't see something. Advice being a fail item will be bad questions like "Should I stop within 1 metre of the stop line?" etc etc..

Some of the instructors are dickheads too, they feel "good" when someone fails or the like. Some like to taunt and talk like they are some major individual or know everything. Only a few are coolios, hopefully you get a better instructor next time. :D

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Say; "I'm not supposed to park in front of a driveway, is it okay if I park here?" - that way you demonstrate the correct knowledge while asking an opinion. He can't fail you for that, surely.

Jonneeh

HSC
Say; "I'm not supposed to park in front of a driveway, is it okay if I park here?" - that way you demonstrate the correct knowledge while asking an opinion. He can't fail you for that, surely.
Next time hopefully ><", better to get it over and done with and stop worrying about it

emmcyclopedia

HSC

I just recently did my P's test, and I was told by my driving instructor (as in, not the testing officer but the guy I got a couple of lessons from) that THERE ARE NO TRICK QUESTIONS - they are not allowed to give you deceiving instructions during the test... and as such, if they ask you to do a park in front of a driveway, that's where you do it. Same with a curb side stop I believe.

At least you know that you are a completely competent driver, and next time you do your test you'll pass it with ease. That would definitely have to be a load off your mind!

Best of luck =)

Jonneeh

HSC
I just recently did my P's test, and I was told by my driving instructor (as in, not the testing officer but the guy I got a couple of lessons from) that THERE ARE NO TRICK QUESTIONS - they are not allowed to give you deceiving instructions during the test... and as such, if they ask you to do a park in front of a driveway, that's where you do it. Same with a curb side stop I believe.

At least you know that you are a completely competent driver, and next time you do your test you'll pass it with ease. That would definitely have to be a load off your mind!

Best of luck =)
I know im a competent driver (like everyone else xD) but i just want that little card that tells everyone else that =.=

Sometimes i think theres people you just love you fail you just because they can. Everyone i saw that day didnt pass...

The trick question thing, but honestly out of all the other possible places, you want me to block the driveway. Common sense and the law tells me your not suppose to do that.

beatboxre

HSC
I know im a competent driver (like everyone else xD) but i just want that little card that tells everyone else that =.=

Sometimes i think theres people you just love you fail you just because they can. Everyone i saw that day didnt pass...

The trick question thing, but honestly out of all the other possible places, you want me to block the driveway. Common sense and the law tells me your not suppose to do that.
lol as I said before :
If your instructor is a good hearted one, they won't mind general questions. I myself asked some questions if I misunderstood or I couldn't see something. Advice being a fail item will be bad questions like "Should I stop within 1 metre of the stop line?" etc etc..

Some of the instructors are dickheads too, they feel "good" when someone fails or the like. Some like to taunt and talk like they are some major individual or know everything. Only a few are coolios, hopefully you get a better instructor next time. :D

accolade

HSC
i had the same exact situation. Only i did the parking in someones driveway. But the way i did it was, i mumbled to myself as if i knew what i was doing like : 'hm...since this is someones driveway i should pull back a bit..' and then the instructor caught on and said not to worry about it and i done it.
But thats badluck for you, i know how its hard to book appointments earlier. you should always try to go on the rta website and keep checking if theres earlier dates so that you can change appointment.

TimmyTheTool

HSC
My tester asked me to reverse park beside a driveway. So, this is what I done.

He was fine with me asking and he said, pretend there's no driveway, just do it as normal and we carried on.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
I had a driving lesson yesterday, and we did Reverse Parking. She said that if they direct you to park behind the car that is exactly what you do and thus disregard the driveway.

Better luck next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)