Is it true uni is more relaxing than HSC year? (1 Viewer)

Gmac_0

HSC
Depends on the degree. If you put a lot of work into year 12 and come up with an ENTER/ATAR of 90 or something, and then decide to go for a course like Arts then it could potentially be more relaxing than VCE/HSC, but it will vary. Picking more of a slack or dud uni for that course will make it more relaxing.
Picking a weak major for the course will make it more relaxing.
Aiming for Passes over HD's will make it even more relaxing.

On the flipside, you do nothing in HSC/VCE and barely show up. You get an ENTER/ATAR of 60 and realise once at uni that in fact high school was an absolute shithole and that you thrive on a uni environment and in fact find it easier.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Grades are not the be all and end all. However, having good grades is definitely a must if you want to enter a graduate program in a reputable firm (they usually request for your academic transcript). Most firms accept a credit average at least. Extracurricular activities also matter especially if your grades are not that great, but keep in mind there are many others out there who have done heaps of good extracurricular activies AND have good grades. So without good marks, you're already behind most contenders for the position...
ahk awesome, thx guys

what sort of extracurricular activitities? stuff that concerns the course? or just random social-work groups at uni

cheers :cool:

HSC
Depends on the degree. If you put a lot of work into year 12 and come up with an ENTER/ATAR of 90 or something, and then decide to go for a course like Arts then it could potentially be more relaxing than VCE/HSC, but it will vary. Picking more of a slack or dud uni for that course will make it more relaxing.
Picking a weak major for the course will make it more relaxing.
Aiming for Passes over HD's will make it even more relaxing.

On the flipside, you do nothing in HSC/VCE and barely show up. You get an ENTER/ATAR of 60 and realise once at uni that in fact high school was an absolute shithole and that you thrive on a uni environment and in fact find it easier.
Mmm so true. I got an ATAR of 95.85, missed out on law by 1 so I'm just doing Arts (Int. Relations & French) this year and gosh, it is so much less stress. I guess because I'm very interested in the content it doesn't feel like study or anything, whereas at school there was a wide range of subjects, some I wasn't as interested in and thus needed to work harder on them. Also, I think if you get into good habits during Year 12 (starting essays early, wide range of research including books and journals, continuos revision throughout the semester etc) then the transition into uni, at least first year, isn't that big a shock. From what I've seen so far, those people that are always complaining on facebook about the amount of uni work they've got or whatever are usually the ones who didn't care until the end of year 12, got into a dodge course at a dodge uni, and now realise that if they expect to pass they actually have to do a lot more than they were doing.

Really, it's an individual thing - if you like what you're doing, can stay focussed and organised then you'll probs find first year is fine and wonder why you worked so hard at school.

terminator69

HSC
lol don't see why you're paying out uws then lmao lmao
How is that relevant to where I live or go to uni?

And have you ever been to UWS? I don't think that someone with familiarity with it would be confused as to why people would make derogatory remarks against it.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
How is that relevant to where I live or go to uni?

And have you ever been to UWS? I don't think that someone with familiarity with it would be confused as to why people would make derogatory remarks against it.
I just find it hilarious that you're paying out a uni when you yourself go to a retarded uni, and your location just makes it funnier because you couldn't make it into unsw or usyd. How fun is it to be on the receiving end?

And no I haven't been to UWS, but I do know for a fact that despite it's low requirements, it's teaching facilities are good, if not better than UNSW in some aspects.

terminator69

HSC
I just find it hilarious that you're paying out a uni when you yourself go to a retarded uni, and your location just makes it funnier because you couldn't make it into unsw or usyd. How fun is it to be on the receiving end?
Let me guess, you haven't been to UOW either? You prejudiced piece of shit.

Sure. I didn't get an ATAR of 95 to make it to USyd but after spending some time in their engineering precinct, I'm not really that disappointed.

And no I haven't been to UWS, but I do know for a fact that despite it's low requirements, it's teaching facilities are good, if not better than UNSW in some aspects.
Well then, STFU. Teaching facilities are only one aspect of the university experience.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Let me guess, you haven't been to UOW either? You prejudiced piece of shit.

Sure. I didn't get an ATAR of 95 to make it to USyd but after spending some time in their engineering precinct, I'm not really that disappointed.
Uhh yeah I have been to UOW, rofl - your lecturers are bare-foot and in hawaiian shirts. What's your point?

Well then, STFU. Teaching facilities are only one aspect of the university experience.
Ahhk, although I'll just ignore your strawman argument - people could choose UWS due to location or lower UAI requirements (due to say restrictions for some reason) and hence you're the prejudiced shit for assuming every course in 'uws is easy'.

And don't you realise the irony? I'm simply giving you a taste of your own medicine, 'you piece of shit'.

terminator69

HSC
Uhh yeah I have been to UOW, rofl - your lecturers are bare-foot and in hawaiian shirts. What's your point?
I don't know what would make you think such a thing because it is not something I have ever experienced.

Ahhk, although I'll just ignore your strawman argument - people could choose UWS due to location or lower UAI requirements (due to say restrictions for some reason) and hence you're the prejudiced shit for assuming every course in 'uws is easy'.
I don't actually assume that and I have already disclosed that the comment you are referring to was not serious.

And don't you realise the irony? I'm simply giving you a taste of your own medicine, 'you piece of shit'.
Well that would be the case if you weren't actually making arguments against my trolling attempt.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I don't know what would make you think such a thing because it is not something I have ever experienced.
Because I've been there and was in a lecture room with the said lecturer?
I don't actually assume that and I have already disclosed that the comment you are referring to was not serious.
is that why you defended your statement for 1-2 replies?
Well that would be the case if you weren't actually making arguments against my trolling attempt.
ahhk, trolling now replaces idiocy.

terminator69

HSC
Because I've been there and was in a lecture room with the said lecturer?
If you only had one experience with it why did you claim that all my "lecturers are bare-foot and in hawaiian shirts"?

is that why you defended your statement for 1-2 replies?
I think it is a poor uni for many reasons but that doesn't mean that every course would be easy.

ahhk, trolling now replaces idiocy.
Says the guy that looks down upon entire educational institutions because of a single encounter with a single lecturer and his/her attire.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
If you only had one experience with it why did you claim that all my "lecturers are bare-foot and in hawaiian shirts"?
Who said all? Stop putting words in my mouth.
I think it is a poor uni for many reasons but that doesn't mean that every course would be easy.
Arts. Or anything at UWS.
Says different, stop changing your story.

Says the guy that looks down upon entire educational institutions because of a single encounter with a single lecturer and his/her attire.
Rofl you STILL don't get it DO YOU? I don't give a FUCK what uni you go to, but I'm giving you what you're dealing to UWS students.

Fuck you're such a moron, I won't even bother anymore. How idiots like you get into uni baffles me, laters.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Funny how terminator can dish it out to other uni's but as soon as someone knocks UOW he has a little bitch

terminator69

HSC
Who said all? Stop putting words in my mouth.
YOU DID;
Says different, stop changing your story.
Uh you are the one that misquoted me in the first place which put me off track;
hence you're the prejudiced shit for assuming every course in 'uws is easy'.
Rofl you STILL don't get it DO YOU? I don't give a FUCK what uni you go to, but I'm giving you what you're dealing to UWS students.
Well you've obviously failed there and made yourself look like an idiot at the same time.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
YOU DID;

Uh you are the one that misquoted me in the first place which put me off track;

Well you've obviously failed there and made yourself look like an idiot at the same time.
your lecturers = everyone?

err lol ok

and lol ye m8 i've totally failed, look at the above reply gronk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)