HSCers! What were YOU actually doing during Prelims? (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Our school is no where near touching on Calculus. Sir Isaac Newton and Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz will not be happy. The fact that we're using Maths in Focus doesn't help either. But I pleaded with the teacher to use Terry Lee Fundamentals in Year 12, she said the head teacher and herself will think about it.

Last edited:

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Our school is no where near touching on Calculus. Sir Isaac Newton and Gottfried Leibniz will not be happy. The fact that we're using Maths in Focus doesn't help either. But I pleaded with the teacher to use Terry Lee Fundamentals in Year 12, she said the head teacher and herself will think about it.
We use maths in focus as our main textbook, but our math teacher likes to chuck in some hsc questions and jones & couchman questions.
I hate how MIF is so fat T_T
I break my back carrying it in my bag...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
We use maths in focus as our main textbook, but our math teacher likes to chuck in some hsc questions and jones & couchman questions.
I hate how MIF is so fat T_T
I break my back carrying it in my bag...
The teacher lets me bring other textbooks to do in class. Maths in Focus is light, what are you on about? :)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
The teacher lets me bring other textbooks to do in class. Maths in Focus is light, what are you on about? :)
Are you kidding me? Maths in focus is LIGHT? Are we talking about the same one here...
The green one with the spiky plants on it. 2nd edition?
THAT BOOK WILL GIVE ME A HUNCHBACK.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Oh the second edition. We use the first, it's not as heavy as the old Cambridge book.

Gigacube

HSC
Are you kidding me? Maths in focus is LIGHT? Are we talking about the same one here...
The green one with the spiky plants on it. 2nd edition?
THAT BOOK WILL GIVE ME A HUNCHBACK.
The first edition is lighter but I think there's 2 books for it. Leave your MIF book at school and just use the online version.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Oh the second edition. We use the first, it's not as heavy as the old Cambridge book.
I was gonna say! haha.
I can't wait to start a massive bonfire after the HSC to burn all my maths exercise books, textbooks and anything of that nature. It's gonna be epic. Actually, we should all do it! Mass bos book burning. You guys in? :p
The first edition is lighter but I think there's 2 books for it. Leave your MIF book at school and just use the online version.
First edition is substantially lighter. I can't use my laptop because I always find myself playing angry birds, I lack self control.
OH YEAH. I like the quote in your sig ;]

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Doing that next term!

I was gonna say! haha.
I can't wait to start a massive bonfire after the HSC to burn all my maths exercise books, textbooks and anything of that nature. It's gonna be epic. Actually, we should all do it! Mass bos book burning. You guys in? :p

First edition is substantially lighter. I can't use my laptop because I always find myself playing angry birds, I lack self control.
No, I care and cherish my books, always will. Once I am done with HSC, my books are going into retirement.

Gigacube

HSC
I was gonna say! haha.

:( Print it off at the library. Thank you. :)

Doing that next term!

No, I care and cherish my books, always will.
:O You've been carrying the textbook all that time in Term 1?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I can't read my own writing in my math book, partly because I have atrocious, illegible handwriting. I've got so many "can't read this" written in bright red when I get my tests back :p
But my chemistry book is beautiful! I write my neatest in it, which looks like normal handwriting to everyones standard :3
I strive to make my notes neat, but my exercises look awful.

Also SpiralFlex, why take so many :>

Gigacube

HSC
4-10 a day. I will never leave my little ones by themselves.
Leave them at home if you don't need to bring them. Your back must be killing you. What textbook do you use for Physics?

Confirmed asian :]

Print what at the library?
Also, you in for the massive math bon fire? :p
Definitely in for the massive math bon fire!
Print out the MIF exercises from the library then take them home and complete. Hopefully that won't distract you.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Recess, lunch, library after school.
>.< It's all well and good that you're getting ahead, but recess and lunch are designed for eating and not doing work!

MIF is quite the heavy text book however.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I carry one textbook everyday, and two for 4 days out of 10. Very rarely do I take any others :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)