General Thoughts: General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

alen180sx

HSC
Whoops! I thought it said that "the minimum he gets for a emergency is 4-hours double time", regardless of the length. I believe he did an emergency for 1.5hours (4-hours minimum) and 5 hours, so i did a total of 9hours at double time for emergencies. Then i added the $150 and the $894. I think i got D for that question then.

+1 I'm pretty sure that's right.

Skriker

HSC
How do you guys remember your answers? I wouldnt be able to remember the multiple choice by now?
well some people like to mark their multiple choice on the question sheet and then they get too keep the exam paper ;) so they can post it on BOS if they want :) LOL :)

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
Whoops! I thought it said that "the minimum he gets for a emergency is 4-hours double time", regardless of the length. I believe he did an emergency for 1.5hours (4-hours minimum) and 5 hours, so i did a total of 9hours at double time for emergencies. Then i added the $150 and the $894. I think i got D for that question then.
My friend is telling me and it said "Additionally, every time he is called out to an emergency he is paid for a minimum of four hours double time"

jononie

HSC
Yeah this is the correct way to do it, the question was worded weirdly, thanks.

AnnetteMelissa

HSC
Well you may well be right! I wasn't saying I was right, I was just writing my answer, so you may be correct! Well done :)

engie_benji

HSC
Yeh i got D too

coralie1994

HSC
Eh didnt get to finish the paper. kinda disappointed but hopefully my internal mark will make up for it... if thats even possible :S

engie_benji

HSC
What did you all put for 7, 10 12, 15 and 18? (you will only remember the exact question if u brought the test home i know lol)

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
Question 19 from multiple choice was hard to comprehend considering the possible answers provided. The question asked us to calculate the total pay a mechanic receives when he works 40 hours @ $22.35/hour, plus a special allowance of 150/week and double time for 'emergency hours'. However, it states that he only receives the double time when he works for a minimum of 4 hours. It states that he works for 5 hours on one emergency occasion and 1.5 on another thus the double time on 1.5 would not be counted,Thus, many people were getting the answer '1267.5' however it was not provided in the options. I would like to know how people found the real answer
He doesn't get paid double time only if the call out is 4 hours, rather, he gets paid a minimum a 4 hours overtime regardless of the call out duration.

I don't really remember how I did the question, or what answer I got, I think D.

Last edited:

engie_benji

HSC
He doesn't get paid double time only if the call out is 4 hours, rather, he gets paid a minimum a 4 hours overtime regardless of the call out duration.

I don't really remember how I did the question, but I got D as the answer.
This

fucked

HSC
Yeh i got D too
me too. overall i thought the test was one of the easier ones. hopefully i got all multiple question right, cause i know i stumbled on the question with josephine and emma. lol.

miss_forgettful

HSC
In the ellipse tank question... didn't the question say in brackets (1m^3 = 1L)? Or did I misread it.. I know for sure that 1m^3 = 1kL But I wrote 10 000 for the volume anyways without thinking because of what they wrote in the brackets!! Also, were you supposed to convert it to cm first and then work out the length, or work it out in metres then convert it?

AnnetteMelissa

HSC
Nooo!!! Haha, oh well! But really well done to everyone who got it right! :)

smartalec

HSC
I got D as well. My friend explained it and I'm pretty sure its write (I guessed D :p)
-Scale Diagram thingo = wtf.
-Area chart = I HOPE EVERYONE DIDNT GET TRICKED! (you ahd to ADD the 60,000 etc!)
-Pretty sure I got the spherical geo q's in the paper wrong haha whoops.
-and oops. Back page, didn't notice it was a negative slope :/

Skriker

HSC
i got -2 for both A and B
few got the same, wasnt sure if i was right or not haha, did you say it was incorrect as they will both be defective at the same time since they have the same z score?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)