General Thoughts: SOR II (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
def atheism. in the textbook living religion there's that quote on a bus, which accompanied info on atheism.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
im on full marks mc so far

which is quite refreshing as in my half yearlies - poor guesses gave me 12 / 22

trial 6/10

finally im getting lucky

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
also the follow up question:

on the billboard one it was a) no judgement after death

ilianapeters

HSC
I put B for 21.

I rationalised that Ashley drew her inspiration from 3 mainstream religions in comparison to a scientific humanist which wouldn't draw inspiration from any religion. Therefore, she would be more in favour for mainstream religions to provide guidance?

Can see why it might be C, though. y/n guys?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I put A for 21 because the last line of info on her said "she is sceptical about science and is disillusioned with the effects of technology on the environment" and A said something about natural resources.

I thought the paper in general was really shit.
The short answers in section I were horrible. Section II I felt repetitive so I wrote different things for each part and this'll drag my marks down and section III was pretty good.
Section IV I knew nothing about Buddhist sacred texts and peace. So I did shit. :/

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
im on full marks mc so far

which is quite refreshing as in my half yearlies - poor guesses gave me 12 / 22

trial 6/10

finally im getting lucky
What were the answers for this section? The ones i posted were just what i did, i wanna know what everyone else put..

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
I put B for 21.

I rationalised that Ashley drew her inspiration from 3 mainstream religions in comparison to a scientific humanist which wouldn't draw inspiration from any religion. Therefore, she would be more in favour for mainstream religions to provide guidance?

only thing that deterred me:

they werent all mainstream religions that she took influence from

so that 1 was most definitely wrong

ssylva

HSC
hands down the worst exam i have ever seen in my life. and what was with the religion and non religion 5 marker? i ended using my knowledge from modern history. like, are you kidding me?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I put B for 21.

yeah, but she has a wide source base so her guidance is found from within and from reading not from religious authorities.
So it couldn't be B.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I put B for 21.

Well she was sceptical about "science" and the other dude was a scientific humanist which relies on science to solve issues of medicine etc so i thought C. Whereas B she clearly doesn't have a strong stance with mainstream religions if she is a new ager

ilianapeters

HSC
only thing that deterred me:

they werent all mainstream religions that she took influence from

so that 1 was most definitely wrong
Yeah, but surely you would be happy to have at least some aspect of your belief become part of society's form of guidance?
so many of these MC seemed like they had multiple answers. I'm annoyed.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
hands down the worst exam i have ever seen in my life. and what was with the religion and non religion 5 marker? i ended using my knowledge from modern history. like, are you kidding me?
I spoke about how Asoka spread Buddhism through missionaries and that Hinduism didn't have organised missionary stuff. Not sure if that's true. :/

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
And WTF was with Question 22. Shittest question i reckon i got 2

smartalec

HSC
Hm probably is A then, that was a stupid question seeing both C and A were correct as rejections of God. Yet the sign thing said "There's probably no God" which reflects a more agnostic view... WTF BOS
I said b because of guidance to society because new age religion people embrace individualism rather than society as opposed to science. but probs wrong. what did everyone write about for peace?

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
typical religion mc

i kept saying this yesterday

they are just fucking stupid/ridiculous

all of s1 is just a fucking waste

u only really get tested section 2 onwards (and even that was lousy)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)