Section I - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
I picked C, believing that interest rates would rise when inflation go up

But then inflation -> rise in prices -> prices of assets up

I believe that's the only one I got wrong

btw i wrote 5.5 pages for question 26 and only 4 pages for question 28
what's the max i can get for those essays?

my teacher said to us that the absolute minimum for a band 6 essay is 6 pages
i am not a pro in writing essays but once i wrote 4 pages in section 3 and 2 pages in section 4, both ended up equal 15. its more up to your quality not quantity sometimes if you write too much the marker will think you are not getting to the 'meat' quick enough???

friend177

HSC
so is there a better answer than A? it defs can't be C, firstly inflation means increase in the overall price level of the goods, if you just put your money in the bank its value will 'erode' away, same as B and D....
nah i told you i put C cause i thought that by having a high inflation, the reserve bank will increase interest rates to reduce it, thus people who put money in banks benefits from this, i probs thought of the long term effects of it.

Aclipse

HSC
My teacher considers my writing to be the one of the smallest

in the trials i got 18 for my macroeconomic essay which was around 3.5 pages long
and 19 for my case study essay which was 3 pages

But our trial exam booklet has much thinner lines than the HSC booklet

However, my teacher said that HSC marking is usally tougher so i'm a bit worried =.=

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
nah i told you i put C cause i thought that by having a high inflation, the reserve bank will increase interest rates to reduce it, thus people who put money in banks benefits from this, i probs thought of the long term effects of it.
To kick off with....'All other things being equal'......

judd_s13

HSC
I understand why 10 is C, but why cant it be B as well? Higher inflows will reduce supply in the foreign exchange market as foreigners take out AUD to invest in AUS? - Yes it increases demand but y cant it reduce supply as well?

dela_

HSC
N/A
I understand why 10 is C, but why cant it be B as well? Higher inflows will reduce supply in the foreign exchange market as foreigners take out AUD to invest in AUS? - Yes it increases demand but y cant it reduce supply as well?
This

dela_

HSC
N/A
fuark multiple choice.. im going to play some bf3 to let out this stress.. hopefully my essays and short answers make it up
fuck :( im soo depressed aswell.. im looking at a mark of arounf 13/14.. omg:(

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
A with assets, during periods of high inflation people are uncertain about future price and usually speculative investment such as golds and properties will increase. this is because these goods are considered 'good shelter' this comes from my text book and obviously it is the only benefit inflation can bring is.....speculative gains....

btw, just checked my dixon books, yep, i must admit. question 17 is D because the dixon's workbook had two exact same question, you do it like this for q 17 (400-100)x10 - (300-200)x10 so the answer is 2000. everyone got tricked...well played haha sydney morning herald gonna talk about this again tar?

btw: dixon's workbook wrote *extension* next to the question. which shows how in-depth q17 you have to be. it is no surprise that everyone gets tricked..including me...
Well I got it right then haha.

Do you reckon you could scan it onto here, so I can show some of the guys in my class?

lscholz

HSC
QUESTION 13: I DON'T HAVE TIME IN A THREE HOUR EXAM TO PUT UP WITH YOUR CONFUSING SHIT...

The table of Consumption and National Income... Okay I would have been happy with them jsut asking for the simple multiplier... But asking for the investment increase? Please.

And also, I wish that they would refer to the Net Primary Income account as the Net Primary Income account... As the updated 2009... That's just a pet hate.

jononie

HSC
In reference to 17, the correct answer seems to be D. If you have the economics workbook by Tim Dixon (learning edge education) then you will find a similar question on page 25. The answers given to this question can be found under the chapter 2 answers found here: http://www.leadingedge.com.au/answers/eco_yr12wb.php

In these answers the government tariff price is NOT included in the calculation of the loss of revenue for the foreign producer, i.e, the price for calculating the loss remains the same.

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
In reference to 17, the correct answer seems to be D. If you have the economics workbook by Tim Dixon (learning edge education) then you will find a similar question on page 25. The answers given to this question can be found under the chapter 2 answers found here: http://www.leadingedge.com.au/answers/eco_yr12wb.php

In these answers the government tariff price is NOT included in the calculation of the loss of revenue for the foreign producer, i.e, the price for calculating the loss remains the same.
Cheerin! My teacher was wrong then! I was right!

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
From what I've read, these are the general answers, yes or no?:

1 C
2 A
3 C
4 D
5 A
6 B
7 D [Increasing $A value leads to minimising of the deteriorating PRICES and its economic impact on long run import finance through export income; or B --> lower Y decreasing excess import volumes; but also harming export industries?]
8 A
9 D
10 C
11 B
12 D
13 C
14 A [ $app = encouraging K inflows = higher foreign liabilities ? ]
15 B
16 B
17 D (debated)
18 D
19 B
20 C

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A

1 C
2 A
3 C
4 D
5 A
6 B
7 D [Increasing $A value leads to minimising of the deteriorating PRICES and its economic impact on long run import finance through export income; or B --> lower Y decreasing excess volumes; but also harming export industries?]
8 A
9 D
10 C
11 B
12 D
13 C
15 B
16 B
17 D (debated)
18 D
19 B
20 C
I posted the answers before, but it appears I (my teacher) got 17 wrong. She said it was C, but D looks correct. Look through the thread an you will find it.

7 is C, 14 is B though.

Last edited:

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad

1 C
2 A
3 C
4 D
5 A
6 B
7 D [Increasing $A value leads to minimising of the deteriorating PRICES and its economic impact on long run import finance through export income; or B --> lower Y decreasing excess import volumes; but also harming export industries?]
8 A
9 D
10 C
11 B
12 D
13 C
15 B
16 B
17 D (debated)
18 D
19 B
20 C
i am not so sure about your 14 A. A depreciation of currency will make australian properties cheaper and attract higher foreign investment, not appreciation?

steven12345

HSC
How do you know those are the answers???

Why isn't 10 - B ?

and how do you work out 13 ???

WHATS QUESTION 7? ??? isn't it D ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)