UWS Law (1 Viewer)

broncos123

HSC
N/A
How inadvisable is doing Law at UWS? I've heard bad things about doing Law at UWS, thus hindering my decision to attend the University. Be brutally honest if you need to. Thanks!

broncos123

HSC
N/A
I wish, nowhere near the cut off. My school rank is like 18th last in the whole state...

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's a great course at UWS. Only the prestige of the university is underrated. Also the idea of giving 10 bonus points for law sounds a bit eccentric to some people.

I'd say go for it!

HSC
Uni Grad
oh ok then

ummm i've heard it's generally inadvisable to do law in nsw anywhere besides unsw/usyd

but i'm no expert

also school ranking doesn't matter!

my school was like 500-600th

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
oh ok then

ummm i've heard it's generally inadvisable to do law in nsw anywhere besides unsw/usyd

but i'm no expert

also school ranking doesn't matter!

my school was like 500-600th
woah 500-600 O.O?? Rural???????

Brilliant mark though !!!

broncos123

HSC
N/A
Nice what was your atar ? I see wow, lol thing is half the class in the majority of my courses failed -_-

broncos123

HSC
N/A
And hmm, I'm on the fence. I'm very reluctant to go UWS Law. Im thinking of doing Business at UTS and transferring into Business/Law.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Provided you get some sort of work experience during your degree, you won't be disadvantaged from going to a less prestigious university.

enoilgam

HSC
Provided you get some sort of work experience during your degree, you won't be disadvantaged from going to a less prestigious university.
This. The most important factors in gaining employment in the legal field are university marks, extra-cirriculars, personality and especially work experience. A person who gets average marks in law and has no work experience/social skills/extra-cirriculars is going to struggle to find work even if they did their degree at Usyd or UNSW.

broncos123

HSC
N/A
Hmm, this has changed my perception on the whole idea of attending UWS completely. Have you guys heard of the Principals Recommendation Scheme at UTS? I think we're the first year to have the scheme, but if we're not, what are your thoughts on it, since I've applied for special recommendation.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
I would also advise that you participate in activities such as debating, mooting and mock client interviews.

These are critical skills which are used by lawyers so it really pushes you in the right direction.

broncos123

HSC
N/A
I would also advise that you participate in activities such as debating, mooting and mock client interviews.

These are critical skills which are used by lawyers so it really pushes you in the right direction.
Will do. Thanks for the advice man

Wentworth

HSC
don't do UWS Law, with law the prestige and reputation of the university is everything, it's not like medicine where any school is a good school. Think about it, why would Cambridge Law, Harvard Law, Sydney Law be harder to get into compared to UWS? Go to UWS if you plan to teach Legal Studies when you graduate

broncos123

HSC
N/A
don't do UWS Law, with law the prestige and reputation of the university is everything, it's not like medicine where any school is a good school. Think about it, why would Cambridge Law, Harvard Law, Sydney Law be harder to get into compared to UWS? Go to UWS if you plan to teach Legal Studies when you graduate
UTS IT IS LOL.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
What a load of shit that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)