Another priest molestation scandal... (4 Viewers)

Annihilist

HSC
lol @ thread backfire and you turning around from all your statements in your previous posts in this thread. its funny the amount of people who feel the same way as i do through the messages ive received from them.

im not gonna bother replying (in an argumentive/discussion sense) because obviously you have some underlying problem/grudge with religion.

i also laughed at you thinking i didnt know the answer to my own question "how does catholicism repress sexuality". I knew the answer(s) already, i just baited you and you gave me the excact answers i was looking for. once again not going to even bother actually proving you wrong, but i suggest you go and do some research on the subject rather than just take everything on face value. you seem like a very impressionable person.

just one last time with your repeated sentence about how the priests rape kids.
"I didn't say that religions think it's okay to rape kids. But...they fucking do it anyway. "

Priests dont rape kids, fucked up people rape kids. I dont know why your finding that hard to understand. its NOT OK TO RAPE KIDS.
I see merit to the OP and I agree with it's premise. I may have been overgeneralising and maybe I was out of line. I am not "turning around on my statements". I'm changing my mind because I have been adequately logically convinced by others in this thread.

Yes by all means, let's condemn the whole institution of religion based on the actions of a minority.

There are sexual offenders in every walk of life, the majority I'm sure are not sexually repressed yet commit the same crimes. So your connection is bullshit ay.
How can you even consider sexual offenders using the same "natural rules" for sexuality, when what they are is so obviously unnatural?
This. My attack on religion may have been without merit regarding this particular topic.

HSC
Why did you delete that post? "Atheists are annoying"? My God, I can't believe something like that exists. I'll happily argue that with you outside this thread.
Your other post was too long to quote and I couldn't delete cos I'm on my phone but you're an idiot. You don't know shit about roman catholic beliefs. Fucking chime.

Lentern

HSC
It is hardly the catholic church's fault. Yes it shouldn't have happened although we are talking a long time ago now.
I think part of the point was that its abominable hypocrisy that a single stone be left unturned in trying to bring justice to the victims off these crimes meanwhile the church has spent sums easily in the millions trying to maintain institutionalized homophobic prejudice in our legal system.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Let's get this clear: I am an atheist, but I obviously have a problem with all sex offenders, whether they identify with a religious institution or not. So don't bother attacking me in regards to my lack of religious belief, k, has nothing to do with this post.

So, there is an obvious trend between public celibacy (Catholic priests) and child molestation. No one can deny that. But that doesn't mean that all Catholic priests are child molesters (and anyone who thinks that is a moron).

The real problem is that the church protects the offending priests by initially ignoring the problem (and it IS a problem), then stone-walling the police and media, and then relocating the priest and giving them full responsibility again in a new parish, rather than attempting to truly rehabilitate them as they should. This in turn encourages other priests to do the same, as they know the church will protect them if they choose to...release some tension on the alter boys.

As Ex-Father Kevin Lee said just this week, the Catholic Church should rethink it's celibacy policy; it tends to be unrealistic in our society.

Annihilist

HSC
Let's get this clear: I am an atheist, but I obviously have a problem with all sex offenders, whether they identify with a religious institution or not. So don't bother attacking me in regards to my lack of religious belief, k, has nothing to do with this post.

So, there is an obvious trend between public celibacy (Catholic priests) and child molestation. No one can deny that. But that doesn't mean that all Catholic priests are child molesters (and anyone who thinks that is a moron).

The real problem is that the church protects the offending priests by initially ignoring the problem (and it IS a problem), then stone-walling the police and media, and then relocating the priest and giving them full responsibility again in a new parish, rather than attempting to truly rehabilitate them as they should. This in turn encourages other priests to do the same, as they know the church will protect them if they choose to...release some tension on the alter boys.

As Ex-Father Kevin Lee said just this week, the Catholic Church should rethink it's celibacy policy; it tends to be unrealistic in our society.
This pretty much sums it up.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Well that is a cop out.

I argue that priests are more likely to break their vow of celibacy with children than somebody who is not a priest and sexually active (in Australia, that is).

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Priests don't take an act of celibacy with children. To say so is ridiculous.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I am waiting for you to explain this comment; I think you know as well as I that I am referring to the definition of celibacy that the majority of the population use: REFRAINING FROM SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.

Obviously marrying children is ridiculous ffs.

Annihilist

HSC
No but they do take an vow of celibacy. They are more likely to break it with children.

That is what Galapagos is saying. He's not saying they "break their vow of celibacy with children". That doesn't make sense. You are implying the quote is "break their vow of [celibacy with children]", when it's actually "break their [vow of celibacy] with children"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)