• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trayvon Martin (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
The issue of anti-racism in mathematics teaching has been the topic of some research works, who promote an anti-bias curriculum to counter a perceived bias in mathematical education.[citation needed]. These works claim that there is a sociocultural context to mathematical education and suggest that the study of mathematics in Western societies has traditionally exhibited racial or cultural bias.[citation needed]

While 'anti-racist mathematics' and 'ethnomathematics' scholars share the assumption that any given mathematical understanding or practice is a product of a particular culture, the forms of their scholarship differ considerably, and they should not be confused with one another.[citation needed]

derrick rose

Banned
HSC
N/A
i'd punch someone too if they were harassing/following me
trayvon being harassed and defending himself>zimmerman defends himself from being defended against
manslaughter

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
776.041 Use of force by aggressor. —The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who: ....

(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:

(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or
(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

given the severity of zimmerman's injuries, he was most likely within his rights to use deadly force against trayvon

Debauchee

HSC
i'd punch someone too if they were harassing/following me
trayvon being harassed and defending himself>zimmerman defends himself from being defended against
manslaughter
There is no evidence to support him being "harassed".

More importantly, there is no evidence to suggest Martin was in any kind of danger. Beating the shit out of someone who is following you, especially, if as Zimmerman claims, martin got away from him, is not legally defensible.

What's more likely though? A weak, white collar, neighbourhood watch officer goes nuts and starts harassing a kid with a gun

or

A young black male (highest per capita rate of violent crime in america) who calls himself NO_LIMIT_NIGGA, poses with 'grill' and other gang-related imagery, punched a bus driver, was suspended from school multiple times, was a drug dealer, and who may have been involved in fight clubs decided to teach some cracker a lesson for following him around.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
we don't know if he was involved in fight club because the first rule of fight club is

no blacks

derrick rose

Banned
HSC
N/A
There is no evidence to support him being "harassed".

More importantly, there is no evidence to suggest Martin was in any kind of danger. Beating the shit out of someone who is following you, especially, if as Zimmerman claims, martin got away from him, is not legally defensible.

What's more likely though? A weak, white collar, neighbourhood watch officer goes nuts and starts harassing a kid with a gun

or

A young black male (highest per capita rate of violent crime in america) who calls himself NO_LIMIT_NIGGA, poses with 'grill' and other gang-related imagery, punched a bus driver, was suspended from school multiple times, was a drug dealer, and who may have been involved in fight clubs decided to teach some cracker a lesson for following him around.
How did the two come to blows then?

He was following Trayvon. He is on record saying "these assholes, they always get away.", then "he ran.".

During this time, Trayvon was on the phone to his girlfriend who alleges "that he expressed concern about a strange man following him, and she advised him to run. She says she heard Martin say "What are you following me for?" followed by a man's voice responding "What are you doing here?" She said that she heard the sound of pushing and that Martin's headset suddenly went silent, leading her to believe that he had been pushed. She attempted to call him back immediately, but was unable to reach him.". Now this will be the deciding factor in this case. Who initiated the violence during this controntation? It will be difficult to find out because on of the witnesses is dead.

But that sure sounds like he was being harassed. He was a teenager being shadowed by a car at night, i doubt many people can blame him for being intimidated. He was then approached by the person who was following him and confronted. He was well within his rights to feel threatened and defend himself if he was pushed, as the prosecution is alleging.

Zimmerman scared a kid and confronted him, when he started losing the altercation which he initiated, he pulled a gun and shot the teenager.

Sorry bro you might hate blacks but the evidence is on Trayvons side.

Now i am expecting you to bring up the discovery that Trayvon had THC in his system at the time of death but can we reserve judgement until the level of THC is revealed, if it is even relevant. Zimmerman was on amphetamines at the time of the shooting, and we all know which drug is more likely to lead to the intiation of violence.

Debauchee

HSC
How did the two come to blows then?

During this time, Trayvon was on the phone to his girlfriend who alleges "that he expressed concern about a strange man following him, and she advised him to run. She says she heard Martin say "What are you following me for?" followed by a man's voice responding "What are you doing here?" She said that she heard the sound of pushing and that Martin's headset suddenly went silent, leading her to believe that he had been pushed. She attempted to call him back immediately, but was unable to reach him.". Now this will be the deciding factor in this case. Who initiated the violence during this controntation? It will be difficult to find out because on of the witnesses is dead.
Yeah except his girlfriend told him to fight him. Now that he's dead, she has every incentive to make Zimmerman look as guilty as possible.

But that sure sounds like he was being harassed. He was a teenager being shadowed by a car at night, i doubt many people can blame him for being intimidated. He was then approached by the person who was following him and confronted. He was well within his rights to feel threatened and defend himself if he was pushed, as the prosecution is alleging.
Cool but given the complete lack of actual witnesses, its not that certain at all.

Zimmerman scared a kid and confronted him, when he started losing the altercation which he initiated, he pulled a gun and shot the teenager.
There is no evidence he started an altercation. Allegedly being followed by someone in a car doesn't give you the right to beat the shit out of them.

Now i am expecting you to bring up the discovery that Trayvon had THC in his system at the time of death but can we reserve judgement until the level of THC is revealed, if it is even relevant. Zimmerman was on amphetamines at the time of the shooting, and we all know which drug is more likely to lead to the intiation of violence.
So zimmerman correctly guessed martin was on drugs based only on his behaviour from afar, but you don't think there were relvent levels present. Mmmkay.

Martin WAS on drugs, considered himself a thug and has a history of violence. He is not a scared little kid.

Martin WAS on drugs, considered himself a thug has a history of violence,

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
This.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
he also may be a space nazi from the dark side of the moon

he may actually be white and then your whole attitude would change

Debauchee

HSC
hey so if I referee a boxing match does that make me a boxer
if you're involved in underground fight clubs and consider yourself a "thug" and a NO_LIMIT_NIGGA and you beat up bus drivers, chances are you aren't the sweet little scholar you're made out to be, and chances are you're going to you violence against non-blacks who disrespect you

he may actually be white and then your whole attitude would change
So you think I think that people shouldn't be able to use self-defence against white people?

You're a fucking moron.

And that video is pretty unambiguous. Looks like him, same tattoo, gets called by his name, posted on his youtube channel and removed after his death.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
if you're involved in underground fight clubs and consider yourself a "thug" and a NO_LIMIT_NIGGA and you beat up bus drivers, chances are you aren't the sweet little scholar you're made out to be, and chances are you're going to you violence against non-blacks who disrespect you
Cool story bro let's see how that flies in court

So you think I think that people shouldn't be able to use self-defence against white people?

You're a fucking moron.

And that video is pretty unambiguous. Looks like him, same tattoo, gets called by his name, posted on his youtube channel and removed after his death.
Yeah so since the video has been removed I didn't actually get to watch it.

I didn't say that. I'm sure you're a big fan of self defence but I bet you wouldn't be defending it so virulently if there wasn't a black kid involved that proves your absurdly narrow perception of race.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)