• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subject selection!!!! (1 Viewer)

Triage

HSC
N/A
Chemistry, physics, economics, accelerated maths, advanced English, SOR2u (mandated). Compulsory 13 units in year 11.
Am I making a mistake picking these subjects in year 11 if I want to get 97+. My goal is to pick up 4u maths and drop SOR2u and physics, economics or chemistry in year 12.
People have been saying that you can't get 97+ with this combination as it is too many 'difficult' subjects.

Help!!!!!!!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol at what others have said, they are all good scalers in essence it is perhaps a little easier than normal to get a 97. Difficult subject you are reward for your work, especially MX2 scales like a boss. It's a great combo set to get you any ATAR you want.

With these questions, if you get excellent results in your subjects the ATAR aim is possible. There are very few questions of this kind where you can get a "No. You can't with those subs" and that's only like if someone is doing CAFs, Standard English, Gen Maths, Senior Science and Textiles and aiming for a 97+.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Chemistry, physics, economics, accelerated maths, advanced English, SOR2u (mandated). Compulsory 13 units in year 11.
Am I making a mistake picking these subjects in year 11 if I want to get 97+. My goal is to pick up 4u maths and drop SOR2u and physics, economics or chemistry in year 12.
People have been saying that you can't get 97+ with this combination as it is too many 'difficult' subjects.

Help!!!!!!!
I have to admit this is one of the stranger myths about HSC subject selections that I've heard in my time.

Triage

HSC
N/A
I have to admit this is one of the stranger myths about HSC subject selections that I've heard in my time.
People say you need a subject you can breeze through as to not waste time on 10 units but rather 8.

Triage

HSC
N/A
I just want to know. With a school ranked in top 30, does this subject combination give me a good shot at 97+.

iBibah

HSC
Once you drop SOR, you will actually have one of the best combinations for not only 97+, but 99+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)