CSSA Trials: English AOS Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
What order are you guys planning on doing the modules tomorrow? Also, what would you do if 40 mins is up and you're near the end of the first essay (3 mins left)?

Out of curiosity, what order did you guys do the paper today? I think I was the only person at school to do: Creative, Short Answer, Essay
Essay, creative and short answers. Essay did it in 40mins, Short Story 35mins, and Short Answers 40mins with 5 mins to spare.
Tomorrow, possibly Module A - Distinctive Voices, Module C - Into the World and Module B. I'll see how I go.

Keelan134

HSC
Did anyone get the text, I think it was Text #3 for the short answers? Weirdest text I ever read with the whole "Lee-y" thing and Basil.
But overall, good exam, I wrote about 6 pages for essay & creative writing and four for short answers. ^.^
I wrote that the composer suggested that the difference between belonging and not belonging as we had to do because it was a compare/contrast, was as little as a few words or actions. As because he is unpopular due to his real and imaginary sins, however through the long talk about actresses, and the stupid Lee-Y nickname he gets, he feels a sense of belonging

smalik

HSC
Can anyone quote roughly what the CSSA creative writing statement/question was about and possibly what the comprehension involved??. Comparing it to the independent paper :)

lm199

HSC
ours was about social networking.... must have been different.... may be independant???

HSC
sorry but did the CSSA trials have a technology theme??? not sure where my school buys them or makes them. if anyone could tell me where the technology one was from if its not a CSSA or similar paper. Thanks :D oh and for mine

(what ever paper it was) alright in essay and comprehension but struggled with the creative :( definetly my weak point!
Significant moments/ experiences shape sense of/understanding of belonging.

That would be how I would put it in a nutshell.

lm199

HSC
nah our essay was relationships..... thanks anyway :)

Last edited:

Galvez

HSC
The exam itself was okay. Managed to pull out every thing that was required for paper 1. I forgot to integrate one of the quotes to my creative.

Did any one realise that those 3 options for the creative, were all pulled from the extracts of the first section?

smalik

HSC
What were the quotes for the CSSA creative ?? anyone roughly know them ??

gr_111

HSC
What were the quotes for the CSSA creative ?? anyone roughly know them ??
Very very roughly the first and third were:
"The draughty jacket"

"We are all apart now"

or something vaguely resembling the above

doggykit

HSC
How do you guys respond to a question when it says, "To what extent..."

deswa1

HSC
How do you guys respond to a question when it says, "To what extent..."
Depends to what extent you agree with it. For our essay today (not CSSA) it asked that and I was like "yes, its very important BUT there are other factors as well"

doggykit

HSC
Depends to what extent you agree with it. For our essay today (not CSSA) it asked that and I was like "yes, its very important BUT there are other factors as well"
So simply put, when it asked 'To what extent...' you give your own voice (in your opinion)

Brett_P

HSC
Very very roughly the first and third were:
"The draughty jacket"

"We are all apart now"

or something vaguely resembling the above
It was more like,
"the draughty overcoat covers her body"
and "we are scattered now, of course"
"the slightest touch could whither or heal"

I'm in memory mode for tomorrow :( Far out

deswa1

HSC
So simply put, when it asked 'To what extent...' you give your own voice (in your opinion)
Yeah pretty much. I wouldn't use the 'I' or whatever but in your thesis, when you establish your argument, instead of agreeing fully with the question, outline your alternative view

gr_111

HSC
It was more like,
"the draughty overcoat covers her body"
and "we are scattered now, of course"
"the slightest touch could whither or heal"

I'm in memory mode for tomorrow :( Far out
Yep these are pretty much exact.

Btany

HSC
Reading about how much people have done makes me so worried hahaha :L

George121

HSC
so guys..

is anyone else scared shitless for tomorrow?

i have essays to memorise, and i havent started
:/

i guess its only trials; hsc i'll be more prepared and ill practice more (psht yeah right!)

enoilgam

HSC
Haha, it's ALWAYS like that, don't read too much into it!
This, focus on yourself, sometimes people waste too much energy on others and not enough on themselves. Plus, people dont always give an accurate description of how much they study or how well they think they went on a test.

Brett_P

HSC
I've practically memorised two (The conflicting perspectives/texts in time) and nearly finished the Orators one.

Fears: They require two related texts for Julius Caesar
They specify a speech in the Orators

:cold:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)