Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (7 Viewers)

wildchild666

HSC
Wow - lucky bastard.

How long do you get for your yearly?

And idk, apparently the teachers tried to emulate next year's Paper 2 to get us into the habit of writing heaps because they don't want us to be as dud as the grade above us in English.
1 hour, 30 mins. I have no idea what I'm using for a related text.

how are you going now?
I'm not sure what rank I got for the last assessment, but it definitely improved. I'll check with my teacher.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
My English yearly is two papers over two days. It's the exact same format as the HSC.

Paper 1 - short answers, creative, AOS essay.

Paper 2 - three modules.

HSC
:cry: How many essays did you have to write and how much did you leave for the last one?
2 essays and AOS short responses. Spent too long on the first one, only had like <30 minutes for the second one

Shit, wasted so much time planning my responses when I didn't even get to write everything I wanted :( At least I took great care to properly answer the questions, hopefully that might count for something...

inb4 .95

But seriously, its prelim, you'll be fine.
:(

Thank god it doesn't count towards anything, will do everything not to repeat this next year

wildchild666

HSC
Shieettt.

We also have orals at the end of the week before exams start. 4 possible questions that they could ask on the day. 3 minute speech. So basically, we need to memorise 12 minutes of bs about a poem.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Nice - I recommend you to start early so you can top the grade (srs).

And what particular aspect of Journeys are you focusing on? I *might* know of some related texts that aren't garbage like a song or a movie or something.

theind1996

HSC
N/A

I'm not sure what rank I got for the last assessment, but it definitely improved. I'll check with my teacher.

nice, so teacher's letting you pick 4u?

wildchild666

HSC
Nice - I recommend you to start early so you can top the grade (srs).

And what particular aspect of Journeys are you focusing on? I *might* know of some related texts that aren't garbage like a song or a movie or something.
I don't think I'm able to top the grade.. lol.

Focusing on inner journeys.

theind1996

HSC
N/A

We also have orals at the end of the week before exams start. 4 possible questions that they could ask on the day. 3 minute speech. So basically, we need to memorise 12 minutes of bs about a poem.
why would they do this?...

why not have a normal speech lol.

deswa1

HSC
Actually this is an interesting question- how much do you guys plan your english responses? Personally for me, I plan in my head in reading time and then pretty much write for the straight two hours (I think again for like a min in my head in between each essay).

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Oh wow, with only 3 terms to prepare for that as well.

I kinda wish my school did this as well
It's probably why my school's English results are usually very good considering our rank.

(which is why I'm happy with just being 2nd, as opposed to 1st in everything else).

deswa1

HSC

Its good. It tests speaking ability a lot more and eliminates a lot of people who get good marks by getting tutors to write stuff and memorising word for word- caution wild- MOST people will blank at some point in their speech. Don't be one of them. Know your content and memorise it almost word for word but you have to be able to also speak naturally in case you forget something.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Actually this is an interesting question- how much do you guys plan your english responses? Personally for me, I plan in my head in reading time and then pretty much write for the straight two hours (I think again for like a min in my head in between each essay).
I don't really plan.

I spurt out my rote-learnt response, while rewriting the question in a fancy manner at the end of each 2-3 sentences and at the start and end of each para.

This depends on whether I can adapt the essay or not, but 90% of times, I can.

wildchild666

HSC

Stops people from regurgitating crap that they've memorised. Makes sure that people actually know their stuff.

I don't really.. I just start writing whatever comes into my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)