• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What is a decent mark for ext1 maths? (3 Viewers)

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Title says it all: What is a decent mark for ext1 maths that YOU would keep if you couldn't do next year's HSC...

Please no trollers :'(

deswa1

HSC
Now I'm going to look like an arrogant dick but personally I'd repeat with anything below 98 tbh

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
It really depends on the individual. Some people consider 80 to be a decent mark. Others would consider 98+ to be a decent mark.

It is proportional to your ability.

deswa1

HSC
yeaa but is a band 6 a good mark?
Like Carrot said- it all depends on the person. There are a lot of people that would be extremely happy (and very rightly so) with a B6; there are others who would be disappointed. I always try to look at these things in terms of individual potential and doing your best. If there is someone who's potential in maths is 88 and they get 88, they have done fantastic and should be congratulated. On the flipside, if there is someone who has the potential to get 100 but gets 97 because they don't put in the effort- then that's a poor showing.

You shouldn't really compare yourself with others because everyone has different abilities in different areas.

mike12345678

HSC
Like Carrot said- it all depends on the person. There are a lot of people that would be extremely happy (and very rightly so) with a B6; there are others who would be disappointed. I always try to look at these things in terms of individual potential and doing your best. If there is someone who's potential in maths is 88 and they get 88, they have done fantastic and should be congratulated. On the flipside, if there is someone who has the potential to get 100 but gets 97 because they don't put in the effort- then that's a poor showing.

You shouldn't really compare yourself with others because everyone has different abilities in different areas.

haha i know that it was like a rhetorical question. that why i said it depends on each person

Sindivyn

HSC
This is going to sound arrogant, but I would be disappointed with <99 in ext 1; completed 4 past HSC papers, max mistakes made = 1. It depends on your ability/goals though.

iBibah

HSC
This is going to sound arrogant, but I would be disappointed with <99 in ext 1; completed 4 past HSC papers, max mistakes made = 1. It depends on your ability/goals though.
Yet your sig says MX1 - 98 for your dream mark ?!?!

FrankUses

HSC
Is it just me or is the number of maths geniuses in this thread too damn high

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)