Software Design & Development Marathon [2012] (2 Viewers)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
=.= Back to SDD guys? I'ma listen to some music and eat now.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Gonna post a question that I think they are going to ask and i'm gonna finally eat. :D

Describe the Fetch Execute Cycle with detailed emphasis on the major components.-----------

Cyberbully

Where do you live?
HSC
Gonna post a question that I think they are going to ask and i'm gonna finally eat. :D

Describe the Fetch Execute Cycle with detailed emphasis on the major components.-----------
funny how real questions kill this thread
in dot points:
Fetch: Instruction Pointer
Decode: registers may be loaded
Execute: ALU/FLU
Store: RAM

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Case tools that generate test data
Case tools that create documentation
Case tools that write code
Case tools that does version control
You know that that would not get you 4 marks right? You actually need to describe them.

sddmoustache

HSC

So my understanding is that there's 4 stages: Fetch, decode, execute and store. Fetch gets the instruction from the program counter? and adds 1 to the instruction counter. Decode means that the CPU can understand what the instruction does. Execute means that the CPU will execute the instruction and Store stores the results in the accumulator?

tranformer

HSC
Good luck to everyone, 2nd last test for me! :(

Quite simple algorithm question.

EDIT: Q. Design an algorithm that will prompt for and receive pairs of numbers from an operator at a terminal and display their sum, product and average. If the calculated sum is over 200, an asterisk will be displayed by the sum. The program is to terminate when a pair of zero values is entered.

Last edited:

sddmoustache

HSC
You know that that would not get you 4 marks right? You actually need to describe them.
yeah i was just listing :p so like case tools can generate test data automatically and do things like load testing automatically, improving the productivity of the programmer. They can also automatically make documentation such as DFDs and Structure Diagrams, saving time. They also can write code for you, so programmers are relieved from menial programming tasks. And finally they can like keep track of software versions for you, so yuo dont get confused with different versions.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC

Q. Design an algorithm that will prompt for and receive pairs of numbers from an operator at a terminal and display their sum, product and average. If the calculated sum is over 200, an asterisk will be displayed by the sum. The program is to terminate when a pair of zero values is entered. This algorithm requires:
A DOWHILE loop to control the repetition & an IF statement to determine if an asterisks is to be displayed.
fyi DO WHILE is no longer in the course specs.

tranformer

HSC
Oh god dammit, guess my teacher has some explaining to do. :(

Edited the question so it can be done.

Last edited:

WolfEmDown

LOL ign : PlayDis
HSC

EDIT: Q. Design an algorithm that will prompt for and receive pairs of numbers from an operator at a terminal and display their sum, product and average. If the calculated sum is over 200, an asterisk will be displayed by the sum. The program is to terminate when a pair of zero values is entered.
Code:
Begin 
Print "Please enter two numbers"
Input FirstNumber
Input SecondNumber
terminate = false
If FirstNumber = 0 AND  SecondNumber = 0
         terminate = true
		Print "An error occurred.Please Try again. :)"
Else
   	WHILE terminate = false
		Sum = FirstNumber + SecondNumber
		Product = FirstNumber x SecondNumber
		Average = Sum/2
			If Sum > 200
				Print Sum *
			Else
				Print "The sum of the numbers is" Sum
				Print "The product of the numbers is" Product
				Print "The average of the numbers is" Average
			EndIF
		terminate = true
	EndWHILE
EndIF
End
imma terrible at SDD
cramming atm
wonder if markers would care about the smiley face :)

o_O 1506 enrolled this year

Last edited:

tranformer

HSC
Some minor problems, such as no uppercases on words such as BEING, IF, ELSE, ENDWHILE. I'm pretty sure you can lose marks for incorrect grammar since that goes against the data structure, when multiplying instead of 'x' is it an asterisks so "Product = FirstNumber * SecondNumber" otherwise it is pretty good.

Hahaha, I'm pretty bad at SDD too but I'll still have hope that I'll be passing or atleast getting band 5-6.

WolfEmDown

LOL ign : PlayDis
HSC
Some minor problems, such as no uppercases on words such as BEING, IF, ELSE, ENDWHILE. I'm pretty sure you can lose marks for incorrect grammar since that goes against the data structure, when multiplying instead of 'x' is it an asterisks so "Product = FirstNumber * SecondNumber" otherwise it is pretty good.

Hahaha, I'm pretty bad at SDD too but I'll still have hope that I'll be passing or atleast getting band 5-6.
and that's why i hate english
lol i was kinda debating to myself whether to use x or * since i was kinda unsure what u meant by "an asterisk displayed by the sum"

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Just a reminder to everyone to READ THE COURSE SPECS to learn the correct syntax for things like pseudocode!

Is 1506 a lot or a little?

Cyberbully

Where do you live?
HSC
Just a reminder to everyone to READ THE COURSE SPECS to learn the correct syntax for things like pseudocode!

Is 1506 a lot or a little?
compared to others little.

to get band 6, it's top 6-8%, so you pretty much have to be top ~120-150 of the state
are you ready?

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Any last minute pointers/things to focus on for those of us who are shit? Haha. Hopefully I can get a pass!

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Read the course specs and make sure you know all the diagrams n shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)