General Discussion of Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Examine

same
HSC
Let's try bring the Business Studies section back to life :)

Discuss anything related to Business Studies here. This can range from your opinions of the course and just general issues regarding assignments, the 2012 HSC exam or just the subject overall (which will be answered by previous Business Studies students).

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Those past papers would be great !

Aiming for a 94-95 if possible for business, i was rank 1 in prelim and have completed my first hsc task but am still awaiting our marks back.

Examine

same
HSC
Those past papers would be great !

Aiming for a 94-95 if possible for business, i was rank 1 in prelim and have completed my first hsc task but am still awaiting our marks back.
Nice man, what topic did you start with?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Aiming for 91+ in Business Studies.

Prelim Final Rank: 2/40

First HSC Assessment: Tied Rank 8th out of 30ish kids. (went down :()

The test was pure MC questions. Got 26/30 (did some overthinking for like 2 questions... 2 questions got wrong because didn't pay careful attention to syllabus details...)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Aiming for 91+ in Business Studies.

Prelim Final Rank: 2/40

First HSC Assessment: Tied Rank 8th out of 30ish kids. (went down :()

The test was pure MC questions. Got 26/30 (did some overthinking for like 2 questions... 2 questions got wrong because didn't pay careful attention to syllabus details...)
Why would they give you just MC questions? that's quite strange.... We had to do an in class essay.

Examine

same
HSC
Why would they give you just MC questions? that's quite strange.... We had to do an in class essay.
I'm guessing that the school is trying to expose them to MC questions (arguably the most deceptive part of the exam)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, Economics had a pure MC test as well. Except that was out of 40. Got 39/40 for Eco MC though :)

Next Eco assessment = Short Answers + Essay (no MC)

As for Business, I think it's going to be a Marketing Report?

Examine

same
HSC
Also, staring from January next year, for every 2 months I will be giving my Business Studies Folder out for the person who has contributed to this thread the most. (Through asking for advice, giving advice, reporting in with their progress, disussing dotpoints of the syllabus and generally stimulating the activity of this thread to benefit all who visit it)

Details of what is in the folder can be seen here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=297433

:)

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Business studies wasn't that hard :D. Remembering and applying concepts :D. Marketing was my favourite option :D. If anyone needs revision , then pm me :D

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I got an average of 81% in school (assessment mark). 80% for the HSC. I probably lost some marks in the mc and short answers.
Not bad, what would you say is the most difficult section of the exam? MC, short answer or Extended response.

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC
Not bad, what would say is the most difficult section of the exam? MC, short answer or Extended response.
Depends. Once you get at the higher end (Band 6 level) I'd say that MC is probably the hardest since it's the most deceptive (though you can prepare for this by doing lots of revision questions). Short answers are getting harder because you need to implement contemporary issues nowadays and the general level of difficulty has risen. Section III and IV you can do well when you get the general gist of things.

But in my opinion (though mainly because I didn't do enough revision for MC):
Short answers < Section III < Section IV < MC

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
It's my third best subject behind SOR and General Maths. I got 84% in the first task (A 45 minute exam), 21 out of 25, which was alright. I've got a good class teacher and this term we had another teacher who ran additional learning sessions at lunch time. To study, I put everything into a grid, as my teacher told me and I found it works well. I've been working on extended responses throughout the term, I've switched off a bit but I'll be back on in the term. We did Finance first and we're doing operations this term. I'm confident in getting a good result, I'm aiming for a Band 6.

Aysce

HSC
Very nice thread so far, Examine. Although I didn't do too well in business, I also found MC to be the most deceptive/difficult part.

Examine

same
HSC
Very nice thread so far, Examine. Although I didn't do too well in business, I also found MC to be the most deceptive/difficult part.
I'd say your mark was in the higher end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)