Regrets of Picking Certain Subjects (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
I don't regret switching from Physics to CAFS in like my 4th week as I got an experience of Physics I really disliked. Although I did dislike it I'd rather not have a dubious 'What if' circulating my mind so in the long term I absolutely don't regret it. I then started to really like CAFS and I can't imagine not doing it. I don't regret picking Biology because I wanted to get a taste for it (plus I ranked first by like a mark in possibly the biggest shock ever). I am like half-half about choosing Ancient History over Chemistry just because I don't really know what Chem would have been like. I was okay at Chem in the junior years although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it that much.

Instead of regrets I really have 'reliefs' which include picking English Ext 1 & 2, giving Extension maths a go and switching to CAFS :)

mac1996

HSC
I really regret not accelerating anything. I would of loved to do 4u maths in y11 and i shouldn't of done bio.

planino

HSC
I was planning to do Jap for Y11/12 since it was my strongest subject. Days before the final day of Y10, I switched from Jap to Eco and I have no regrets! :) I'm not exactly doing wonderfully in eco, but it's really interesting and much better than having quizzes every two days.

And I'm also happy with switching from Std. to Adv. (even though someone state ranked in Std. from our school) due to its MUCH superior aligning. I'm also happy with NOT dropping MX1 since it's as enjoyable as it is hard.

Overall, no regrets :) But I regret not being able to get better marks because of procrastination. Ah well.

aekryan

HSC
Should have dropped chem, the subject i put effort in does not reward..
Should have done eco.
Shouldn't have dropped mod and SOR.

Goodbye Law.

fishrushed

HSC
Regret not doing the asian 5 :(
learnt that my strength lies in those subjects (except english)

darkfenrir

HSC
I regret having to do physics and chemistry, cos the amount of fucking rote stuff there is in there is despicable and depressing. Don't get me wrong, I love the subjects, but life would be fucking so much easier if we could JUST do maths and english. Christ.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I regret having to do physics and chemistry, cos the amount of fucking rote stuff there is in there is despicable and depressing. Don't get me wrong, I love the subjects, but life would be fucking so much easier if we could JUST do maths and english. Christ.
m8, try Economics or Business Studies or any of the Histories (basically any Humanities).....

You'll see that Physics and Chem isn't as rote as other subs out there...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
m8, try Economics or Business Studies or any of the Histories (basically any Humanities).....

You'll see that Physics and Chem isn't as rote as other subs out there...
This is also true - there's too much rote learning for Chemistry and Physics because they should be more conceptual. All the humanities/social sciences are rote learning frenzies (experience from Modern History) - I just couldn't do it.

tomodachi_

HSC
Biology - so so so boring except for watching David Attenborough docos very occasionally..

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
since when is economics in the asian 5

that doesn't make sense at all because it's an essay based subject, and the asian 5 stereotype is meant to perpetuate a "we love maths, we hate english" deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)