BSammy

HSC
well, we coped. some busy spots

tonights supervisor has only supervised once before

but i left at 5 so whatever

BSammy

HSC
i thought SSAs and Supers were grade 3.

almost everyone else is grade two unless they are like new, or are like qualified butchers/bakers(candlestickmakers?)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
SSA's and supervisors are grade 4 at our store, they were prior to the new agreement and they are after the new agreement came into effect (as the new agreement said they would be grade 3 however existing supervisors will still be paid grade 4?)

BSammy

HSC
ah, some sort of savings provision i assume

any new supers and ssa's will be grade 3.

nanakid12

HSC
Sorry guys, I was just going off the advice she gave me.
I had a look into it, you're right, I do get Grade 3 for SSA. For some reason, I get the full adult wage instead of 19-year-old wage.

I'm actually paid 10c less for SSA than supervising. SSA is around $20.60 p/hour and supervision is around $20.71 p/hour I think?

BSammy

HSC
Looking at the agreement, that makes sense,'

Grade 2 would be the junior rate, and if you're doing grade 3 work or above it's adult rate.

but for your state (queensland, right?) there is Grade 3 for "Department Team Support" ie supervision, and there is a Grade 3* which is for SSA, which is slightly less pay.

it's on page 37 of the agreement if you want to check.

nanakid12

HSC
Yep, that's for Queensland. I'll have a look next time at work.
What I can't understand is, how is it that I've been paid at junior wage for SSA before Kronos? How does this new pay system force them to pay me at the adult rate?

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
Yep, that's for Queensland. I'll have a look next time at work.
What I can't understand is, how is it that I've been paid at junior wage for SSA before Kronos? How does this new pay system force them to pay me at the adult rate?

Also, the new grids suck :( although, I like that the online rosters look the same as the ones in store.
I'm rostered on as a Team Member instead of Team Support for a shift next week, and the CSM has no access to the system to change it. That's handy.
are you supposed to be team support? (i assume you mean supervising?)
do an adjustment, pay office should be access it.

you should not have been paid as junior for SSA work, maybe mention that to your SSO, or maybe HR. there may be some back pay in it for you.

Also, something that I found hilarious today. Customer came up to service desk, asked for $19 Virgin Mobile recharge. Our area is only Telstra and Optus (or Woolworths Mobile, mainly for asians), very rarely do we sell any others, so I'm not used to avoiding saying the wrong thing for these other companies.

Anyway, I repeated back to him, "Alright so a $19 Virgin was it?"

Needless to say, I exploded with laughter as soon as the bloke had left haha.
i think i say the same thing every time. every time! i love it :D

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah, on the new roster, for my supervision shifts it lists me as "Team Support". And I'll see if I can speak to my SSO about it, but I honestly don't feel very comfortable bringing it up. They just don't accept the fact that they've done something wrong.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Sorry guys, I was just going off the advice she gave me.
I had a look into it, you're right, I do get Grade 3 for SSA. For some reason, I get the full adult wage instead of 19-year-old wage.

I'm actually paid 10c less for SSA than supervising. SSA is around $20.60 p/hour and supervision is around $20.71 p/hour I think?
For grade 3 and above, you get the full adult wage regardless of how old you are. Nanakid, I remember you telling me that you got grade 4 for supervision a long time ago, because it was the same pay rate as me?
Due to my promotion, the last time I supervised was January, but the pay rate then was grade 4 $21.75. The pay increase on July 1 means it will now be $22-something.

Your store decided to stay on grade 3 by the looks of it
Anyway.

Late edit: bsammy beat me too it, didn't see the response

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
I must have been talking shit haha, sorry. I'm looking at my payslip it is definately 20.73.

I've just looked at the QLD Wages part of the agreement. The total in the columns I am guessing is for full-time employees at 38 hours a week? So I've divided the totals by 38.

Grade 3* is Store Services Assistant. (what's the * for?) ---------- $20.60
Grade 3: -------------------------------------------------------- $20.73
- Department Team Support (supervisor?)
- Stocktake Team Leader
- Skiller Non-Tradesperson (bakery/meat assistant)
Grade 3b: -------------------------------------------------------$21.33
- Skilled non-tradesperson
Department Team Support
Grade 4* is Store Services Officer --------------------------------$21.65
Grade 4 is Department Team Manager ----------------------------$21.94

Apparently Duty Manager is Grade 5b, which is $23.78 per hour.

Someone told me it was Grade 4 at the time, but they were obviously wrong :/

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Given that the grades with * in front are lower pay rates than the other rates in the same grade, I guess it just means it is a lower rate.

sb26

HSC
So uh my store has finally decided to do something about me, the 18/yo casual night supervisor, earning approx $700-800/week after tax :p

I'll probably only have two shifts a week Wed-Thu I reckon, and the other night supervisor who is on a full-time contract will probably get the other nights. There's going to be a massive casual massacre too in the next few weeks :/

My ASM asked me, however, if I wanted to do full-time 'in smokeshop' (autostockr, gap scans, etc)... I'm reluctant to accept because I was totes expecting to go into full-time office but now that's up in the air apparently and I have no idea what to do!! (and especially since i'm going overseas soon and i don't know what to do about unpaid leave etc)

What would other people do ? Everything is so indefinite with woolworths and they can promise one thing and then weeks later people forget and I'm afraid of signing a contract under the guise of 'smokeshop attendant' and then having someone turn around in 6 months and say "No the service 2IC can look after smokeshop stuff" and I get booted out to checkouts...

And what's worse is that the ASM is pushy about this! I told her I need time to think and then like two hours later she re-approaches me and asks if I've decided yet! I don't want to go in tomorrow she's gonna want an answer and I don't want to give her one just yet! ERhtdujfgdhfgjkdfgfgdfg

nanakid12

HSC
You are so lucky. I wasn't allowed to supervise until I signed a contract because of the cost.

How often do you supervise? What nights?

Personally, I don't mind smoke shop. We don't have a fulltime smoke shop attendant, so the supervisor just serves and fills smokes when someone's waiting. The only thing I hate is getting abused for asking for ID. Or getting sworn at for not stocking a particular brand that we've never sold before.

So with this new contract, does that mean you'll do any supervision at all?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Nah I don't think so. If there was, it'll be something the cash office needs to order as they do that stuff.
I want one of those cool management ones lol

the way to go

HSC
are they the same as the old silver ones?
and i think i might lose my name badge soon... :p

hows everyones stores been going with kronos integration?
our online rosters still dont work
everyones getting paid the wrong amounts
drowning in holiday forms
and still havnt got a good way to actually read the rosters with all the info we need on it!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
One of our office ladies is getting trained up for payroll at another store. She thinks Kronos is easy (maybe because it's a Windows application and she has never endured the old system which is all keyboard).
We get ours done at the end of the month.

nanakid12

HSC
I find costings a lot easier with Kronos It's laid out a lot better, and lists Ordinary rates, Annual Leave, Sick Leave all seperately, so it's laid out a lot better. However, like everyone else I'd say, the new grids and rosters are stupid. Why did they have to make them print landscape, is there anyway to adjust it so it prints to a portrait orientation? And if they didn't make the text so small, it would be much easier to see.

We haven't had any pay issues, our online rosters work fine. Our CSM doesn't have access to the new system though (does anyone elses?) so the rosters only list the permanent employee's base hours, and anyone who does extra hours (PPT or casuals) have to sign the adjustment book.

Also, I found out the reason I wasn't getting paid SSA rates before: because I was only doing tickets, not actually doing anything in the office, I was only paid Grade 2 rates. With the old payroll system, there was a different category.
However, with Kronos, there's no seperate category for someone doing tickets, so I'm getting paid SSA rates :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)