Trial Discussion Thread. (11 Viewers)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Good luck brah.

Feel like such a snake

Studied about 5 hrs each for geog and Modern. Enter the exam, came out feeling I did crap

Geog got 84%. 2nd by 4% and the guy who topped was so confident

Modern: 95%. My teacher said it was the best exam he had ever marked. Came first

Both exams I came out really disappointed
Good job bud

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Feel like such a snake

Studied about 5 hrs each for geog and Modern. Enter the exam, came out feeling I did crap

Modern: 95%. My teacher said it was the best exam he had ever marked. Came first

Well done man !

Got some exams back today...
Eco: 88%- rank 1, 2nd was 79% (disputing to get rid of Q20 multiple choice because he haven't done microeconomic policy yet?)
Maths- 80%- rank 6, rank 3 was 82% and i'm not sure of 1&2 yet.

Will possibly get business back tomorrow, very confident in that i must say (no snake).

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Thanks Drifting. Nicely done on yours :)

I was super confident heading out of Business, I have 85% atm at the end of MC and short answer.

English.... slumped to 6th (test rank) with 78%. Not happy.... will probs pull me down from 1st to 4th.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Feel like such a snake

God-mode?

Seems like it. :p

Focus is Key

HSC
Feel like such a snake

Those are awesome results, congrats! You absolutely destroyed Modern!

Makematics

HSC
grats JT and drifting! im getting geo and english paper 2 back tomoz

:dog:

apparently teachers in most subjects are saying our grade is really shit compared to past years on average :( not sure if it's actually true or if it's a scare tactic.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

apparently teachers in most subjects are saying our grade is really shit compared to past years on average :( not sure if it's actually true or if it's a scare tactic.
Same here

My teachers were disappointed with English (as was I) and my teacher was disappointed with Geog. My Modern teacher also said that there were tons of outliers to the bottom.

Thing is though, I can't really say to other people I'm disappointed with my English mark (having gotten 6th in the test with 78%) because so many other capable people got below me and would be offended if I said that I was disappointed. Some things I have to keep between myself and the teacher

jaycoo50

HSC

lol you teachers are just trying to scare you.

My teachers, say the same to us.

Last edited:

jaycoo50

HSC
guys,

I feel dispointed, I worked very hard, two days before my chem trial and then, today when I got my result I got, 48%, shit it was CSSA trial. don't know what happened, I was abit confident, do you guys think that this would effect my Atar alot, like I want to get 95 Atar aleast. It was worth 30%.

What should I do, I lost all my hope, I want to do medicine this year, I am so worried that I might get lower mark in other subjects as well.

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Heard something like this from someone from your school [weak cohort for Economics apparently according to the teachers at your school].

But don't worry, the entire 2013 state cohort is probably weak too.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Thing is though, I can't really say to other people I'm disappointed with my English mark (having gotten 6th in the test with 78%) because so many other capable people got below me and would be offended if I said that I was disappointed. Some things I have to keep between myself and the teacher
I know this feel.

Was terrible for physics, my mark was 'relatively' good, but I couldn't help feeling cheated in the areas I lost a mark (extremely vague marking schemes). Yet I couldn't say anything in front of others.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
guys,

I feel dispointed, I worked very hard, two days before my chem trial and then, today when I got my result I got, 48%, shit it was CSSA trial. don't know what happened, I was abit confident, do you guys think that this would effect my Atar alot, like I want to get 95 Atar aleast. It was worth 30%.

What should I do, I lost all my hope, I want to do medicine this year, I am so worried that I might get lower mark in other subjects as well.
That sounds like cramming rather than 'worked hard' unless you did Chemistry consistently throughout the year AND crammed in those 2 days.

You're lucky to an extent that your Chem trials was 30%.

My Physics trials were 35%. Economics + Business + 3U trials = 40% and 4U trials was 45% (I bombed out in 4U trials real bad - 4U was probably the only subject I bombed out completely, haven't gotten result but its going to be horrible - I feel the same disappointment but yeah, my 4U is in a much worse position compared to your Chem considering the weighting)

Felt fine/good for all my other subjects though except for probably Advanced English (screwed up a bit). [So satisfied with 3U, Physics, Business, Eco]

Shit happens - some of us just happen to bomb out 1 subject or even 2 subjects.

As for impacting your ATAR, it will depend on how your internal rankings have been affected.

What should you do?

Well, if you have over 10 units, Chemistry might not count so it's not too bad.

If you have 10 units, it HAS to count so you better buckle up for Chem externals.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
What the HSC has done to me

I was listening to a song. The chorus went 'It’s only for you, just wanna be for you'

Every single time it went 'for you' I thought '4U'

jaycoo50

HSC
That sounds like cramming rather than 'worked hard' unless you did Chemistry consistently throughout the year AND crammed in those 2 days.

You're lucky to an extent that your Chem trials was 30%.

My Physics trials were 35%. Economics + Business + 3U trials = 40% and 4U trials was 45% (I bombed out in 4U trials real bad - 4U was probably the only subject I bombed out completely, haven't gotten result but its going to be horrible - I feel the same disappointment but yeah, my 4U is in a much worse position compared to your Chem considering the weighting)

Felt fine/good for all my other subjects though except for probably Advanced English (screwed up a bit). [So satisfied with 3U, Physics, Business, Eco]

Shit happens - some of us just happen to bomb out 1 subject or even 2 subjects.

As for impacting your ATAR, it will depend on how your internal rankings have been affected.

What should you do?

Well, if you have over 10 units, Chemistry might not count so it's not too bad.

If you have 10 units, it HAS to count so you better buckle up for Chem externals.
lol, thank god I found you,

I was looking for you on the other threads,

I only have 10 units, so chem will count, yes, I am ranking shit in top 10 out of 16 students, the top mark in my class was 79% for the trial.

I feel as if all my hard work, will be useless, since I am not first, would that mean I can't get a band 6. cause only top 3 gets a band 6 at my school, last year only one person got a band 6, so what should I do, do I have any hope if I smash the externals, would my assessment mark be lower, hence, I might not get a band 6, this will drag my Atar down.

do you have any tips in general, how to study smarter everyday and smash the externals for chemistry. my other subjects are bio, eng adv, Sor 1u, maths 2u, maths ext 1.

Last edited:

Makematics

HSC
Heard something like this from someone from your school [weak cohort for Economics apparently according to the teachers at your school].

But don't worry, the entire 2013 state cohort is probably weak too.
LOL yeah, first it started with eco, this one teacher said "you are the worst cohort in the living history of the school.". but there are high expectations for eco considering that 4 out of the top 5 in the state came from my school in 2011, including the twins.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Still haven't recieved any of my marks back from trails...

but judging by what the teachers have said and I heard... a lot of people stuffed up bio, only three peeps managed over 90, and a lot of people screwed up AoS paper lol

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Still haven't recieved any of my marks back from trails...

but judging by what the teachers have said and I heard... a lot of people stuffed up bio, only three peeps managed over 90, and a lot of people screwed up AoS paper lol
I got 10/15 for Creative and 12/15 for the essay (AOS)

Anything less than a Band 6 is a stuff up IMO and I got a 14/20 for Module B and a 16/20 for Module A (17/20 being Band 6). They would be awesome marks for anyone else but not for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)