• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is memorising 1 creative writing enuf?? (2 Viewers)

NWO

HSC
So far ive only memorised 1 creative writing for AOS which is so specific as it sets in the darn forests but it has relationships, identity, experiences, acceptance everything in it.... Shoudl i memorise another one? If they give us a quote or an image in the hsc, i was thinking of using it as a metaphor or integrate it into my rainforest essay.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Just make it more adaptable. Don't make the whole thing about a forest, or have a good idea about how you'll transition from the stimulus to the forest.

What if the stimulus is a picture of a guy sitting isolated in a desert?

"I teleported to the forest". -continues story here-

nomsaying? :) Don't make it too specific with scenery.

NWO

HSC
Sitting alone = symbolises loneliness. So ill just talk about alienation, loneliness in my story.. Bored of studies markers love metaphors.

ok lets use this one

In the trials there was a tank with goldfish. You dont talk about gold fish lol. You talk about belonging in groups... At first i thought u talked about goldfish lol

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Sitting alone = symbolises loneliness. So ill just talk about alienation, loneliness in my story.. Bored of studies markers love metaphors.

ok lets use this one

In the trials there was a tank with goldfish. You dont talk about gold fish lol. You talk about belonging in groups... At first i thought u talked about goldfish lol
lol hahahahahahahahahaha

did you do cssa

NWO

HSC
like such as " The life of a lonely goldfish!"

No we didnt do cssa, the school changed it. So, am i right? u use the desert landscape as a metaphor...? ur making me worried. If its a quote, its easier..

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
like such as " The life of a lonely goldfish!"

No we didnt do cssa, the school changed it. So, am i right? u use the desert landscape as a metaphor...? ur making me worried. If its a quote, its easier..
Of course you could metaphorically represent it. The metaphor enhances the end of the story, provided that you tie it well at the end.

NWO

HSC
lol what im afraid is that if i use a metaphor, bored of studies markers would think that ur story doesnt answer the question and that its a pre-planned response. gg

moocow920

HSC
Our school did CSSA paper and it said to make DIRECT reference to stimulus so if you didn't literally mention something about a fish you got marked down and told to adapt your response more, metaphorical reference wasn't enough even though in my opinion that would be more sophisticated. And it was externally marked by HSC marker, not by our teachers.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Our school did CSSA paper and it said to make DIRECT reference to stimulus so if you didn't literally mention something about a fish you got marked down and told to adapt your response more, metaphorical reference wasn't enough even though in my opinion that would be more sophisticated. And it was externally marked by HSC marker, not by our teachers.
Yeah, this was a freaking pain. I had to integrate it directly.

NWO

HSC
Thats easy lol. Use it as a flash back to describe the fish lol. Like, how the guy felt alienated like one of his goldfish in the tank at home? Aye?

NWO

HSC
wow. our school papers got marked by crappy teachers with different opinions/ so a class would be better than the other. So biased. So for metaphorical reference how much do u have to relate to it?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Thats easy lol. Use it as a flash back to describe the fish lol. Like, how the guy felt alienated like one of his goldfish in the tank at home? Aye?
If you keep using it as a flashback or routinely in certain parts of your response e.g. the last sentence, that's blatantly obvious and it's not integrating the stimulus, it's just mentioning it. It'll look forced.

leesh95

HSC
I have one creative but the thing is that my creative is pretty unique. I made it myself and Its my story so I kind of know how to mold it. At least that's what I am hoping for. It took me a long time to come up with a good idea and I can't come up with another one in a short time period.

NWO

HSC
k lol. where does it set tho? city?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I have one creative but the thing is that my creative is pretty unique. I made it myself and Its my story so I kind of know how to mold it. At least that's what I am hoping for. It took me a long time to come up with a good idea and I can't come up with another one in a short time period.
This is true.

Focus is Key

HSC
Exact same for me! I've written a few average 9-10/15 mark ones but I finally thought of a really good idea today that will hopefully bring my creative marks up.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Exact same for me! I've written a few average 9-10/15 mark ones but I finally thought of a really good idea today that will hopefully bring my creative marks up.
Same.

I had my epiphany at 2:00AM.

I wrote a 13/15 creative for trials, but wasn't too adaptable. So I'm making a better one.

NWO

HSC
gg. now what. ................................. Its impossible to change now. In the hsc, it will be close to impossible to make one that is so different from mine. But then if thats the case, everyone would have to adapt as well and it wont really focus on the stimulus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)