General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

HSC
What did people write for the "rise to prominence" personality question? I know everyone did different people but after the exam my friend was talking about the times the personality was most prominent but then I talked about what made the person prominent and everything leading up to his prominence and so now I'm freaking out because my friend seem pretty confident about what she wrote!!

Stompy2008

HSC
Hey guys so I used Gordon Ramsey as my personality study..... apparently that isn't right? Can someone confirm?

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
What did people write for the "rise to prominence" personality question? I know everyone did different people but after the exam my friend was talking about the times the personality was most prominent but then I talked about what made the person prominent and everything leading up to his prominence and so now I'm freaking out because my friend seem pretty confident about what she wrote!!
I wrote about how they got to prominence events which made them prominet

I'm sure they'll accept a variety of answers as people would have interpreted it differently

HSC
I did Speer and basically said how he became First Architect, General Inspect, Minister and Author. I did the same approach as you, whereas I think your friend went off on a bit of a tangent.

HSC
NOOOOO I got the multiple choice question wrong about which statement was correct. but tbh I didn't know hahaha

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
NOOOOO I got the multiple choice question wrong about which statement was correct. but tbh I didn't know hahaha
Looks like I did too :( I said both are incorrect...sigh haha. Oh well, in the scheme of things it's only one mark luckily :p

HSC
yeah I said both were incorrect, hopefully that's one of only a few marks that I lost.....I doubt it but that's what I'm hoping. :)

mapofyourhead

HSC
i thought the exam was okay for me overall.. I just wish I would've studied a bit more for it though... I could've talked about so much in the Cold War section but i ran out of time so basically had to rush through my last paragraph + conclusion :/

HSC
i thought the exam was okay for me overall.. I just wish I would've studied a bit more for it though... I could've talked about so much in the Cold War section but i ran out of time so basically had to rush through my last paragraph + conclusion :/
That's the same as me. I did the first cold war question and I only had like 25 mins to do it. So I talked really badly about the doctrines, the korean war, how there were political tensions and the cuban missile crisis. Plus, I forgot all the historians so there were no historians in my essay hahaha

mathsiam

HSC
Didn't even look at the B option for Germany when I saw The Great depression
YES when i saw the great depression i literally cried internally! That exam was the best in terms of question considering the 2012 paper would've screwed me over. WW1 was the usual questions not too bad, Germany question was beautiful, Albert Speer question was the usual too, and the Arab-Israeli conflict question was just great. I really liked that paper.

bedpotato

HSC
I would rather have done 2012. Russia and Europe were a lot easier last year, hopefull they scale up this year.

Is there even option scaling in modern?

HSC
For the Great Depression question did anybody talk about the growth of Nazism up to Hitler becoming Fuhrer or was it all pre-Depression factors for you guys?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
For the Great Depression question did anybody talk about the growth of Nazism up to Hitler becoming Fuhrer or was it all pre-Depression factors for you guys?
Depression factors and how Nazism took advantage

Plaguesbread

HSC
N/A
YES when i saw the great depression i literally cried internally! That exam was the best in terms of question considering the 2012 paper would've screwed me over. WW1 was the usual questions not too bad, Germany question was beautiful, Albert Speer question was the usual too, and the Arab-Israeli conflict question was just great. I really liked that paper.
I talked about the context (Pre 1933 Janauary) basically all the faults within the weimar government (constitution, article 54 and article 48), public sentiment, and how the great depression in 1929 basically radicalised the voters into the Nazi party. it was just political miscalculations by mr.hindenberg which allowed him to come to power because he had popular support. weimar govt wanted to appoint him b\c bruning and his sh*t deflationary policy was like 'lel no support 4 da govt' and papen and schieleher coerced hindenberg to hitler. according to ajp, the great depression put the 'sail in hitlers wind'
i didnt talk about post - 1933.. they might take some marks off, any estimate?

HSC
So you focussed on issues after the Depression rather than stuff like Kapp Putsch and Treaty of Versailles?

Plaguesbread

HSC
N/A
I talked about the context (Pre 1933 Janauary) basically all the faults within the weimar government (constitution, article 54 and article 48), public sentiment, and how the great depression in 1929 basically radicalised the voters into the Nazi party. it was just political miscalculations by mr.hindenberg which allowed him to come to power because he had popular support. weimar govt wanted to appoint him b\c bruning and his sh*t deflationary policy was like 'lel no support 4 da govt' and papen and schieleher coerced hindenberg to hitler. according to ajp, the great depression put the 'sail in hitlers wind'
i didnt talk about post - 1933.. they might take some marks off, any estimate?
and also pre-post depression figures, etc

Plaguesbread

HSC
N/A
So you focussed on issues after the Depression rather than stuff like Kapp Putsch and Treaty of Versailles?
no, i didn't even mention that. ToV barely touched. i just said how the weimar govt was built on weak foundations + the constitution which was susceptible to global turmoil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)