General Thoughts: History Extension (1 Viewer)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I did bad in section 2, probably didn't address the statement decently

klosec12

HSC
Yeah wasn't too bad all up. I think the only thing that may trip me up is my terrible handwriting and some of my quotes.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Section 1 was okay, 2 sources in depth plus a few more. I didn't like the given source though, so many words and not much was said.
Section 2 was hard to relate to an area of debate with the Crusades I think, like, I couldn't get a 25 mark response out of it, but I think I'll go close to 20.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Yeah wasn't too bad all up. I think the only thing that may trip me up is my terrible handwriting and some of my quotes.
My handwriting was shocking

Section 1 was okay, 2 sources in depth plus a few more. I didn't like the given source though, so many words and not much was said.
Section 2 was hard to relate to an area of debate with the Crusades I think, like, I couldn't get a 25 mark response out of it, but I think I'll go close to 20.
Same, expecting 20-22/25 for section 1, 18-21 for section 2

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Absolutely loved Section I. Thought it was a really interesting take on things, and allowed you to use a massive range of historians. Ended up using one contemporary writer who used fiction as a medium, contrasted/compared with Thucydides and Herodotus in one paragraph. Then used Ranke, Carr/Elton, Marx and Bloch :) Overall loved it. Didn't like Section 2 that much though. Not that it was 'hard' but just didn't really suit me and not sure if I addressed/ answered well enough. But overall better than Trials :)

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Absolutely loved Section I. Thought it was a really interesting take on things, and allowed you to use a massive range of historians. Ended up using one contemporary writer who used fiction as a medium, contrasted/compared with Thucydides and Herodotus in one paragraph. Then used Ranke, Carr/Elton, Marx and Bloch :) Overall loved it. Didn't like Section 2 that much though. Not that it was 'hard' but just didn't really suit me and not sure if I addressed/ answered well enough. But overall better than Trials :)
i really loved the source as well, had some poetic finesse as opposed to the conventional writings in past papers. thought 'imagination and discipline' was a fantastic way to describe the work of a historian

How much did everyone write?
3 booklets + 2 pages for each, my writing was pretty terrible towards the end (i have huge cursive handwriting)

Last edited:

klosec12

HSC
How much did everyone write?
I managed to push out 2 full booklets for each question, i felt i could have done more, but i think i spent too much time planning, but im happy with how it tuned out.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
What issues did you bring up?

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I did 3 booklets for each, but my last page on one of them had very small writing as I hate asking for more booklets lol.
I don't think any notable historian would claim as though imagination plays a role in their work.

Senor901

HSC
Yeah the section 1 source was really interesting and I think i answered the question really well. I found section 2 pretty generic and relatable with my case studies. Overall, very good exam!

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I had something along the lines of historical integrity, agenda and purpose of the way history is constructed ..

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I had something along the lines of historical integrity, agenda and purpose of the way history is constructed ..
I basically did the same, my last paragraph before the conclusion was to do with historical integrity, and agenda + motivations were weaved throughout the rest of it.
I also continued the tennis metaphor lol... It was silly but maybe I'll get a lol mark for it

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
I did 3 booklets for each, but my last page on one of them had very small writing as I hate asking for more booklets lol.
I don't think any notable historian would claim as though imagination plays a role in their work.
imagination fits in pretty well with popular history though e.g. terry deary's trench exhibitions for children/assassin's creed ~ but whoz diz payin respekt to amirite?

Lina3

HSC
Both were fine. Wrote three booklets for each.
Question 1 was deeeep and interesting too. My take on it was that practices in the past tended to reject either imagination (Von Ranke) or discipline (Hayden White) but ultimately, it is the amalgamation of both that allows history to resonate with our sense of humanity as the imagination (Used Phillip Cummins author of Clio's scroll, but then realized he marks the exam when I walked out....fuck) reveals the humanity of the historians and sources while discipline appeals to our need for validation and integrity, and the mix of two gains the 'potency' that the source was talking about.
Question 2: Pretty generic, it suited well for Elizabeth's I construction of identity and gender well enough. I did it first hoping it would buy me some time on question 1 but still took an hour to do it :/

Mutant Kitty

HSC
imagination fits in pretty well with popular history though e.g. terry deary's trench exhibitions for children/assassin's creed ~ but whoz diz payin respekt to amirite?
It perhaps has a role with the audience, but not in the composition of the history itself, surely.
Karl Marx: "Freeman and slave, patrician and plebian, lord and serf etc.... I imagine that they wore red clothes and were really angry. I also imagine that this will happen again and again, as I imagine that class struggle is the locomotive for change (in which I imagine)."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)