Maths in B.Business (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The maths is very challenging and complex. If you can't do three and four unit maths don't bother doing Bachelor of Business. What the hell were you thinking doing General Maths in the HSC? General Maths is toxic and shows you are incompetent. Learning three and four unit maths gives you a big advantage. My advice to you is hit the bricks pal because you are going out. You are the weakest link, goodbye.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
How much maths is used in the B.Business other than basic arithmetic? Are the business statistic units difficult? Would you recommend the B.Business to someone who has done General Maths or no maths at all in the HSC?
The maths isn't too difficult ). If apply a little effort, you should be fine.

blackromanc3

HSC
Although it is recommended you come in with knowledge equivalent to 2 unit maths, it isn't necessary. It also depends on the majors you want to do as as well. Econ and Finance are considered the more mathematically complex and intensive. Accounting is more arithmetic based I guess than Econ and Finance while all the other majors barely touch any high level maths.

In all honesty, I've known people who only did general maths and did quite well (distinction average +) in the economics major. The university does offer introductory maths subjects in the econ and finance major. They also offer bridging courses if I'm not mistaken. As nerdasdasd has said, if you apply yourself you shouldn't have a problem.

If it is even worth anything, I did do 3 unit maths in high school but by the time I got to econ subjects I had forgotten quite a lot of my high school maths. The intro maths subjects if I remember correctly did go through almost everything from the basics, at least for calculus. So I would say first year business with little math knowledge is fine. All it matters is the major you do but there are plenty of resources in the university to help you out if needed.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
The maths is very challenging and complex. If you can't do three and four unit maths don't bother doing Bachelor of Business. What the hell were you thinking doing General Maths in the HSC? General Maths is toxic and shows you are incompetent. Learning three and four unit maths gives you a big advantage. My advice to you is hit the bricks pal because you are going out. You are the weakest link, goodbye.
You're toxic dame shit :dog:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
i believe the maths bridging courses at uts are free so you might as well do them, but i reckon you could survive without them
Really? That's awesome.

I heard that bridging courses were around $500? o_O Not specifically UTS but just generally

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO... A bridging course is not needed, does anyone want to see the maths involved in stats?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Keep in mind that this level of stats is fairly plug and play with formulas once you have done some problems. I believe (can someone confirm?) the business stats subject is completely open book too meaning you can bring in the textbook, annotated formula sheets as well as worked out tute questions/past paper questions.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Keep in mind that this level of stats is fairly plug and play with formulas once you have done some problems. I believe (can someone confirm?) the business stats subject is completely open book too meaning you can bring in the textbook, annotated formula sheets as well as worked out tute questions/past paper questions.
Yep it is open book.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Are you taught this? or just expected to know it? (things like standard deviation)
You will be taught everything ...dw you don't start off at that difficulty :p..

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Are you taught this? or just expected to know it? (things like standard deviation)
The example has hypothesis testing, pretty sure the average HSC student would have no idea what it is haha (just because it's not covered afaik). General maths students arguably have a better base for basic stats anyway, a lot of 2U or higher students wouldn't have touched much of that kind of stats.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
You're an idiot.

Just ignore him.
Solo is simply misguided look at my signature. I have pass average in B Bus at UTS. I will sue you for defamation. If you don't withdraw the statement you have made. You scumbag Solo. You absolute parasite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)