General thoughts (1 Viewer)

HSC
I would be praying too, if that answer got full marks.
It's historically accurate. As a society, we've moved from ancient "medical" practices where prayer is used to treat diseases (hello, Jehovah's Witnesses and the Amish still do) to a society that relies more so on antibiotics and medicines that have been proven to work.

So nerr.

Candidate

HSC
Actually, it's total bull. The exam length is designed to be the "right" length for the average student. Basically, if you seem to get the average score in EVERY test, three hours was perfect. Hence why getting 90+ in all my tests has lead me to be able to finish, and be confident with an hour to spare.

The kids who walk out at 1 hour and 1 minute past don't usually do well because they actually don't care and leave as soon as they can. One kid just drew dicks for all his answers.
Finishing with one hour to spare? I just plan out each and every question before I commit to ensure marks are maximised leaving 15-20 minutes to double check any problems I was unsure of.

superSAIyan2

HSC
What did people write for that 8 marker?
i mentioned understanding that chromosomes contain genes, they are involved in meiosis/inheritance, located in nucleus, etc
then mentioned transgenic organisms, artificial insemination and cloning and effect on evolution
didnt mention scientists though

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Has ObliviousNinja talked about how he's gonna state rank yet

Man. When I said to my friends at school today that he thought he would state rank one guy went 'arrogant poof'

HSC
what did u guys get for the enzyme graph where it asked for maximum change in activity (or something like that)

Makematics

HSC
Has ObliviousNinja talked about how he's gonna state rank yet

Man. When I said to my friends at school today that he thought he would state rank one guy went 'arrogant poof'
he's posted it on at least 3 threads

Candidate

HSC
do you know why?
I think because that was it's optimum range when it simply reached it's maximum velocity in reacting with the substrate (hence why it was a flat line on the graph before it began decreasing activity). I put 60-75 after changing my initial answer of 45-60

HSC
Between those temperatures, enzyme activity was its highest.

What did you put?
it said maximum rate of change so mathematics mentality kicked in. I put something like 88 cause it was steepest at this point.

edit: was it actually max rat of change, or did i read it completely wrong.

pretty sure it was wrong though, p.s did the question ask for a range? starting to forget things know.

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
but wasn't the dependent variable the activity of the enzyme?
MB. u get the jist. time isn't control variable.

It's historically accurate. As a society, we've moved from ancient "medical" practices where prayer is used to treat diseases (hello, Jehovah's Witnesses and the Amish still do) to a society that relies more so on antibiotics and medicines that have been proven to work.

So nerr.
Don't go all SOR on me.

60-74 deg celsius
You sir fell for the trap. Greatest 'CHANGE'. It was when the enzyme denatured at 89-92.

superSAIyan2

HSC
what did u put for d) what environment will the bacteria thrive? do u just say hot environment like deserts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)