Cadetships 2014 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Was in regards to accounting firms not UBS.
And I didn't say the number was set, "could be more or less depending on business needs".
Im not 100% on Sydney but Melb recruitment for Cadets is low, (in my cohort only 4 were hired, the year before was similar) and it won't improve for atleast another year (not including pwc).
They recruit significantly more then your number in Melbourne, I can tell you that

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Afternoon all!
I legit haven't logged into this site in ages! I got an email today about applying for an EY cadetship (LOL so random), and thought back to he good old days of this thread.

If anyone has questions about mid tier, small or boutique firms, transferring unis or even coming from dodgy schools, let me know! (and by this I mean ranked less than 400 bad, not "my school is only ranked 100th omg lyf over".

I may be slightly crazy/busy over the next 4 weeks as final exams approach, but I'll try my best to assist :)

Jinks

HSC
Afternoon all!
I legit haven't logged into this site in ages! I got an email today about applying for an EY cadetship (LOL so random), and thought back to he good old days of this thread.

If anyone has questions about mid tier, small or boutique firms, transferring unis or even coming from dodgy schools, let me know! (and by this I mean ranked less than 400 bad, not "my school is only ranked 100th omg lyf over".

I may be slightly crazy/busy over the next 4 weeks as final exams approach, but I'll try my best to assist :)
Welcome back! :)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
What are some things I can list as extracurricular that can't be checked by the companies? :p

How do I answer the questions such as "Explain one situation where you were a leader". I can't think of an original story to make up :/

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What are some things I can list as extracurricular that can't be checked by the companies? :p

How do I answer the questions such as "Explain one situation where you were a leader". I can't think of an original story to make up :/
I love it when people make stuff up. It's even better when they contradict key facts from the last guy's story.

In all seriousness, why not use the time you have to do something worthwhile? Volunteer at a local nursing home, participate in a door knock appeal, ask your teachers if there's a student in a younger grade or someone who is disadvantaged that you can help, start a club or group with your friends/fellow students and organise events, etc... why make something up? Besides, if you're full of it, and you end up being caught out, it goes on your record. Also don't forget there aren't that many campus recruiters are out there and after going to all the same events around the place, they tend to get to know each other quite well.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
I love it when people make stuff up. It's even better when they contradict key facts from the last guy's story.

In all seriousness, why not use the time you have to do something worthwhile? Volunteer at a local nursing home, participate in a door knock appeal, ask your teachers if there's a student in a younger grade or someone who is disadvantaged that you can help, start a club or group with your friends/fellow students and organise events, etc... why make something up? Besides, if you're full of it, and you end up being caught out, it goes on your record. Also don't forget there aren't that many campus recruiters are out there and after going to all the same events around the place, they tend to get to know each other quite well.
As much as I would do those stuff, most applications close sometime around the end of the month. There isn't anything I can do on such short notice and I have assessments coming up next week.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
As much as I would do those stuff, most applications close sometime around the end of the month. There isn't anything I can do on such short notice and I have assessments coming up next week.
That's unfortunate that you aren't able to find opportunities or balance out your priorities during a busy/stressful period.

EDIT: Just also note that the application closing dates shouldn't be what stops you from doing things. It's not like these things automatically disappear or you lose the value from what you learn just because they didn't make it onto the application form.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
That's unfortunate that you aren't able to find opportunities or balance out your priorities during a busy/stressful period.

EDIT: Just also note that the application closing dates shouldn't be what stops you from doing things. It's not like these things automatically disappear or you lose the value from what you learn just because they didn't make it onto the application form.
Zeref, you just got rekt <3

ellentat

HSC
Does anyone know how many people usually get chosen for EY/PWC cadetship?
What about UBS? Is it more competitive?
It will vary from year to year depending on the quality of the applicants. Last year, EY offered about 18 spots (spread across all the divisions) and pwc offered somewhere around 38 spots. It is noted that EY has the least number of applicants go through to the assessment centre. They only had 1 AC day last year and about 50% got offers. In saying so, this means that your application for EY has to be top notch since there are no intermediate stages between online application and AC.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Last year, EY offered about 18 spots (spread across all the divisions).
Wow! Quite surpised how few spots they have!

I have a friend/workmate starting out in EY's gad program next year (well, if he doesn't get an offer at Macquarie that is!).
Maybe some of you will be lucky enough to meet him if EY makes you an offer :)

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I know approx 15 people going :'( i cri

2 many people 4 me.
well look at nexus

what a popular cunt

you have so many friends nexus

pls share some of your wisdom

(sarcasm - i know you can't pick it up when its written)

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
It will vary from year to year depending on the quality of the applicants. Last year, EY offered about 18 spots (spread across all the divisions) and pwc offered somewhere around 38 spots. It is noted that EY has the least number of applicants go through to the assessment centre. They only had 1 AC day last year and about 50% got offers. In saying so, this means that your application for EY has to be top notch since there are no intermediate stages between online application and AC.
pardon my ignorance, but what is AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)