Share your 2014 HSC results here (1 Viewer)

britaker

HSC
I got an 88 in modern which was my worst, still can't get over it. My teacher is shocked and really angry haha. Bombed out English too out of nowhere. 44, 43 and 90 for EE2, EE1 and Adv respectively (though it does make me the first band 6 in adv my school has had in a while, and EE1 was my fourth exam in four days. EE2 I don't get, my teacher gave me a 50 lol. I'm actually a little upset). I got a 92 in Legal, 90 in French Continuers (disappointed) and 43 in Extension (thrilled! But my assessment brought me down a little). Then the 93 in chem. Everyone is shocked my best subject was chemistry, with no other sciences or maths!
I know how you feel. Most of my teachers were expecting a 50 for my EE2 MW, ended up with a 46/50 lol
And then EE1, in which I completely bombed the trials, receiving a trial mark of 43/50, ended up with a 49/50

I am a -little- upset with my EE2 mark, but that upsetness is greatly outweighed by my surprise in actually getting a low B6 in chem. :D

NotCricket

HSC
Mathematics - 94

That's it for this year (I did mathematics accelerated)
Unfortunately my cohort was only 1 (me), and I did super well in the assessments, and got 94 in the exam, thus they pushed my assessment mark down to 94 as they couldn't compare my exam:assessment mark ratio to anyone else doing the same assessments as me. So I guess they just assumed my assessments were super easy, which they weren't :(

Oh well, doesn't even count for my actual HSC as I'm doing MX2
That's how it's supposed to work...

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I got an 88 in modern which was my worst, still can't get over it. My teacher is shocked and really angry haha. Bombed out English too out of nowhere. 44, 43 and 90 for EE2, EE1 and Adv respectively (though it does make me the first band 6 in adv my school has had in a while, and EE1 was my fourth exam in four days. EE2 I don't get, my teacher gave me a 50 lol. I'm actually a little upset). I got a 92 in Legal, 90 in French Continuers (disappointed) and 43 in Extension (thrilled! But my assessment brought me down a little). Then the 93 in chem. Everyone is shocked my best subject was chemistry, with no other sciences or maths!
OMG THAT IS AMAZINGG!!!!!!! :D You should be so proud!!!!!! And the best thing is, you get to keep all of your marks!!

Aww don't be upset! Yehhssss 'mirin dat chem mark ;)

NotCricket

HSC
I know how you feel. Most of my teachers were expecting a 50 for my EE2 MW, ended up with a 46/50 lol
And then EE1, in which I completely bombed the trials, receiving a trial mark of 43/50, ended up with a 49/50

I am a -little- upset with my EE2 mark, but that upsetness is greatly outweighed by my surprise in actually getting a low B6 in chem. :D
Unfortunately that's just the lay of the land with EE2, very subjective. Don't let it change the value of your work :)

britaker

HSC
Unfortunately that's just the lay of the land with EE2, very subjective. Don't let it change the value of your work :)
I won't :) My MW in the end is still my preciousssss even if the markers didn't find it to their taste.

SuchSmallHands

HSC

Yeah I'm confused about EE2, my teacher and head of English both predicted 50 lol. But I chose poetry, which was always a risk :( I was the opposite with EE1! My trial was a 48 and then I crashed the HSC. I'd just done a three hour exam that morning though and just wanted to go home haha. But chem makes up for everything for me :)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
OMG THAT IS AMAZINGG!!!!!!! :D You should be so proud!!!!!! And the best thing is, you get to keep all of your marks!!

Yeah I only had one mark brought down thankfully. And it was only brought down a little so I'm really lucky I went in with a good assessment mark. You got the same external! I should be mirin you babe ;)

britaker

HSC
Yeah I'm confused about EE2, my teacher and head of English both predicted 50 lol. But I chose poetry, which was always a risk :( I was the opposite with EE1! My trial was a 48 and then I crashed the HSC. I'd just done a three hour exam that morning though and just wanted to go home haha. But chem makes up for everything for me :)
Fair enough. I can't even say I did poetry, I chose short story though I guess the lack of outward narrative in my MW explains my mark? I crashed Advanced - would have hoped to walk away with a 97-98 HSC mark but due to my silly Hamlet essay I ended up with 96. No state rank for me...

ebbygoo

HSC
So....

Beginning of the year thought b6 chem ezy but stuffed trials but oh well.
Was hoping could go closer 95 eco but unfortunately not meant to be :L
Hoping to get 95 tho for usyd! Fingers crossed!

britaker

HSC
HOLYY SHIT!! I'm so happy with my results. My school gets 0 or 1 B6 for ENG adv. each year and I knew I was always pathetic at ENG... BUT CMON I GOT B6 AT RANK 6 INTERNALLY LOL!!!
Well done! :D

Reactions: QZP

waterlml

HSC
holy shit got all band 5's!!! 83.5 predicted atar and what i got 91 on business studies!? holy shit i never got higher than 73% in all my business assessments!!!! wow!!!

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
when is the distinguished achievers list thing up?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
3 Band 6s. Cried over my b6 in English cos I just rote it.
omfg same. I don't even know how I managed b6 in English. My creative is pathetic! And I pretty much thesaurus my entire essays :O

Reactions: QZP

buriza

conviction
HSC
A lot of people to congratulate here, unfortunately cannot do them all. :haha:

This far away from all-rounders. God damn.

You still did brilliantly! Those are some excellent marks.

very happy!! (except maybe external mark for 3U lol)

EDIT -- doesn't include Economics from last year, which was internal = 94 , external = 99 , overall = 97
Well done! That 100 in MX1! You should be very proud of yourself. :)

Omfg all my exam marks were way above assessment marks lmaoooooooooooooo i did it boysssssssssssss
You did it indeed and you should be proud of your improvements!

Adv Eng - 81
Hospo - 91
Society - 91
CAFS - 92
Senior Science - 84

3 band 6's, 2 band 5's

What do you guys think?

ATAR Calculators: 88.8
I think it's some great marks. :)

Ancient History 91
English Advanced 86
Maths Ext 1 87
Maths Ext 2 73
Financial Services 93

(2013) Business Studies 91

4 UNIT DOESN'T EVEN COUNT WHO NEEDS MATHS. <3 ___ <3

I'M GONNA REACH MY ATAR GOAL AND BEAT MY BROTHER I'M GONNA CRY TEARS OF JOY

FUCK YEAH HUMANITES LOVE!!!
I love seeing posts like these with the happiness literally pouring out, well done!

Eng - 92
MX1 - 98
MX2 - 97
Chem - 94
Eco - 96 (so close to SR y u do dis)
Phys - 93 (not going to count)

Examinations same as assessment mark. This is perhaps the highest atar my school had ever achieved XD. (go parra woo!)

edit: I worked SO HARD SO HARD on english and yet it still ended up dragging me down -.-
Ffs.
In the end 92 is still a great mark to get and those are some very impressive marks. Not to mention perhaps achieving the highest ATAR in your school's history! :)

All right, pretty good
More like great.

Got woken up by the text

Bio 93
Chem 92
English Advanced 96
EX1 49
EX2 46
Maths 95
MX1 43

I'm ecstatically happy at my results (not the best results on here by a long shot, as is obvious :p), I was told to expect high B5s for both chem and bio and was certainly expecting something more like 35 for MX1. I'm actually trembling as I write this. OH MY GOD.

Well done to everyone! :D
ahahaha this is another post with the happiness pouring out, well done :p

All rounders :D
Great to hear rumble!

Everyones getting 80 marks and above with amazing ATARS coming their way and I'm sitting here with my 4 band 3's and a band 4 and I'm proud honestly didn't even think I'd pass a single exam.
Then that's just as excellent as anyone else! What's important is that you feel proud. :)

Im new to this website so I don't know if this is the right place but do you have any tips to improve on english (doing standard) moving into year 11 next year. Thanks :)
Probably should direct yourself into the English forums :p

My chem teacher just told me my chem mark is the highest in my school's history. I tried to drop three times haha
That's amazing!

I'm sure you did well too! :)

HOLYY SHIT!! I'm so happy with my results. My school gets 0 or 1 B6 for ENG adv. each year and I knew I was always pathetic at ENG... BUT CMON I GOT B6 AT RANK 6 INTERNALLY LOL!!!
It's nice to hear you're so happy with your results! You seem pretty good at English too.

Congratulations to everyone who has received their marks! I believe the greatest achievement is having completed the year because I know pretty well that things might've gotten pretty stressful throughout the year so all of you should be proud of yourself just for that in itself. If you have fabulous marks to top it off, even better. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)