Course Structure (1 Viewer)

sy14

HSC
Hi, i am planning out my course structure for bachelor of commerce and was just wondering what is the most effective way to organize it , what I mean by an effective way is which module I should take in the first semester and which in the second or else on the other hand does it even matter ? In the sense just put the modules as i wish regardless of it being semester 1 or 2. Thank you :)

Danny15

HSC
Hi Sy,
http://sydney.edu.au/business/course/BCom

The above link provides some info about the basic structure of b.commerce. Your subjects for yr 1 are almost fixed, as most of them are core junior subjects that you have to take, you get more freedom of choosing subjects from yr 2. I think most business school subjects open for both semesters, so it won't really matter, but the more important thing is to know the relatively easier and harder subjects, obviously you'll get yourself into hard life if you put all hard subjects in one semester

nolimits

HSC
N/A
Hi Sy,
http://sydney.edu.au/business/course/BCom

The above link provides some info about the basic structure of b.commerce. Your subjects for yr 1 are almost fixed, as most of them are core junior subjects that you have to take, you get more freedom of choosing subjects from yr 2. I think most business school subjects open for both semesters, so it won't really matter, but the more important thing is to know the relatively easier and harder subjects, obviously you'll get yourself into hard life if you put all hard subjects in one semester
Hey, on your comment about easy and hard subjects, it there a site listing the opinions for each subject offered by the sydney business school.

Danny15

HSC
Hey, on your comment about easy and hard subjects, it there a site listing the opinions for each subject offered by the sydney business school.
Unfortunately, school will never tell you this kind of info, you might ask your friends or anyone that know about this. BTW, in terms of S1 or S2, I actually find out that some subjects may only open for S1 or S2, below is the link for you to check, just click on the subject and the info will appear at the right column:
http://sydney.edu.au/business/curre...ulum_information/undergraduate_units_of_study

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I wouldn't advise using the Counter Course Handbook for two reasons:

1. There is very little information about Business subjects in that publication.
2. The lefty propaganda is enough to make your head explode.

Now alternatively, you can use our own Bored of Studies Reviews (https://www.dropbox.com/s/us2da3p2ve4vz44/BOS Reviews.pdf?dl=0), which are much more impartial and cover a lot more ground. :)

sy14

HSC
that was a very detailed report , thank you for sharing it but what i was wondering is what is the minimum sample size of students who gave their views?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
1 review = 1 person. Whoever writes a review will get it posted up on the PDF (I assume). Not a proper document being made by USYD, it's literally a compilation of reviews that people have written on this forum.

sy14

HSC
is allocating units between sem1 and sem 2 like the way it is allocated in the sample degree progression on the uni website , the right way to follow? i mean is there a good mix of both easy and difficult units ?

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
We only have 5 courses for sem 1+2 for single degree commerce right?

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Just so you know, you have only chosen 18CP for each semester (BUSS1900 is worth 0 CP). If you're doing a full-time degree, you'll need to choose another 6 CP per semester (1 subject per semester) to make up the 24CP per semester required.
So do I pick another elective or something?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Not a straight comm student, so you may want to make sure what I say is correct, but as long as you've enrolled in your 5 core subjects (6 including BUSS1900) for commerce you're allowed to choose any commerce subjects. I would say to enrol in junior level subjects that are pre-reqs for any majors you are thinking of doing e.g. ACCT1006 (for your accounting side) and since there are no pre-reqs for finance enrol in another junior elective unit that you find interesting. I believe you'll only start majoring in accounting and finance in your second year.

But as I said, not a straight comm student so haven't gone through this process, so you may want to wait for someone else to make sure what I said is correct and how things are usually done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)