General Thoughts: Economics (1 Viewer)

Untroubled

HSC
to be frank, you should ideally know your all of your content so if you didn't and the topics appeared which weren't what you wanted, it's tough luck and you only have yourself to blame, not the examiners.
Of course, I am aware of that. Although I wished to emphasise my disappointment, hence I took the blame on the examiners. :cold:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Someone (or a few people should collaborate) to make a MC answers thread like we did in 2013, it would avoid all the comments asking what the answers were for each q.

Ekman

HSC
Someone (or a few people should collaborate) to make a MC answers thread like we did in 2013, it would avoid all the comments asking what the answers were for each q.
If someone can upload the paper maybe it we might.

Ekman

HSC
Did you examiners let you take the paper with you?
No they didn't, apparent they said its a new rule this year that the bostes implemented. But seeing as people uploaded the paper for paper 1, im assuming some schools allow the students to take the paper home

Mikes

HSC
N/A
Debit on capital, since it is conditional aid for building a school or something
Funds to build a school is in no way conditional. Being unconditional, it should be a non-reversible transaction on the net secondary income account (ie. a debit).

swagmeister

HSC
Yep, except for microeconomic reform though, I said that was unlikely.

In all honesty, these questions are fairly generic and a student that did practice essays wouldn't have any issues. I actually like q28 more than a CAD specific question because you can link BOP + exchange rates + macro policies together, this suits students that have a strong understanding of current issues and can draw out implications (it's easier for top students to distinguish themselves from the rest). The hardest part is staying logical in your writing and not going off on a tangent.
Couldn't have said it better - I was stoked with my response to that question

astab

HSC
N/A
Funds to build a school is in no way conditional. Being unconditional, it should be a non-reversible transaction on the net secondary income account (ie. a debit).
Hmm yeah that's what I was thinking while doing it. To be honest, I went for A given the previous 2 answers were already D haha.

swagmeister

HSC
Any transactions which is tied to something goes on the Capital Account, not net secondary income.

I got a bit confused with this before half yearlies and looked into the way ABS does the statistics, looks like it paid off.

Anyone disagree? Would be curious to hear other thoughts

Ekman

HSC
How is building a school unconditional. You aren't giving aid for the sake of giving aid. You are giving aid to build a school only. The aid is conditional as the aid given cannot be used for anything else. The 'condition' behind it is to build a school

Evertone

HSC
Kinda disappointed they didnt ask about depreciation or cad directly, rather just asking how the macro policy mix can achieve economic stability
I strongly disagree. A 'generic' question would beg for mindless regurgitation. The compromise there is an effective discriminator.

No it would cause an increase in interest rates, as there is greater inflation going on.
That can't be right. An increase in the banks' funds will mean there is an oversupply, decreasing the interest rate.

snail489

HSC
what dkd everyone get for question 19 MC about the headline and underlying inflation
I put B but idk if thats right or not.. my idea was that flooding in ag areas would sharply cut off supply so would be a really big one-off increase and thus increase headline a lot, and that increasing micro reform is like how growth through shifting supply curve is noninflationary (leading to lower underlying). But idk i might be wrong

camdaman12

HSC
Any transactions which is tied to something goes on the Capital Account, not net secondary income.

I got a bit confused with this before half yearlies and looked into the way ABS does the statistics, looks like it paid off.

Anyone disagree? Would be curious to hear other thoughts
your right. unconditional is just aid for no specific purpose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)