How strict is entry into law at University of Sydney? (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
How strict is entry into law at university of sydney

Last edited:

J18134

HSC
The required ATAR is 99.5. Your ATAR is below that. Seems pretty obvious. Not exactly like theyre going to be like "yeah you didnt get 99.5 but we'll overlook people who had it as a preference and an ATAR of 99.45 in place of someone we're randomly going to pick who has an ATAR of 99.15"

You seem to not understand that the required ATAR is based on supply and demand and that people need an ATAR of 99.5 to get into the course because the demand for the course is so high and theres limited supply.

If you want to study law at USYD youll have to start in another course and transfer in.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
The required ATAR is 99.5. Your ATAR is below that. Seems pretty obvious. Not exactly like theyre going to be like "yeah you didnt get 99.5 but we'll overlook people who had it as a preference and an ATAR of 99.45 in place of someone we're randomly going to pick who has an ATAR of 99.15"

You seem to not understand that the required ATAR is based on supply and demand and that people need an ATAR of 99.5 to get into the course because the demand for the course is so high and theres limited supply.

If you want to study law at USYD youll have to start in another course and transfer in.
ooooh harsh, but straight to the point.

BLind95

HSC
I received an ATAR of 74.85, but attained WAM of 86.5 and managed to make the cut into USYD's combined law program.
If you can achieve a WAM of 80+ to go an average ATAR like mine, you'll probably be sweet.
But in saying that, be prepared to sacrifice your social life for a period of time if you want to get into law.
All the best :wavey:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I received an ATAR of 74.85, but attained WAM of 86.5 and managed to make the cut into USYD's combined law program.
If you can achieve a WAM of 80+ to go an average ATAR like mine, you'll probably be sweet.
But in saying that, be prepared to sacrifice your social life for a period of time if you want to get into law.
Be prepared to sacrifice your social life for a period of time to get into a course to that requires you to sacrifice your social life even more :^)

chefcurry30

HSC
May I ask what course you initially enrolled in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)