2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
@Simorgh

Tables
When recording data in a table, ensure
1. A heading which is sufficiently detailed which should include the dependant and indepandant variable
2. NEat coumns and rows drawn with a ruler
3. Units included in the first column or row

Graphs
Needs:
Heading, axes with units, scale at least 2/3 of graphing area is used to provide clarity, clear data points with crosses, line/curve of best fit

Note: Exams will often ask questions on how the experiment can be improved. A way to not answer this is by saying 'make sure the electronic balance is accurate' because it is not specific enough. In order to improve on this answer focus on how the experimental design might limit the validity or reliability of the practical. Where are the errors? How ccan we reduce their impacts? Was everything standardised so that the independent variable influenced the dependant variable? Were there adequae repetitions? Did the experiment allow us to measure what we wanted to measure

Also know your HSC verbs

si2136

HSC
N/A
If you feel up to it then ye, just make sure you get enough sleep tho lol

~ sudden bursts of motivation ~

and can't work properly if the fam is awake bc rowdy af lelele
Then study at the library oh wait

plane

HSC
N/A
My teacher used to always say REPEAT FOR RELIABILITY in year 7 whenever I see a question on how an experiment can be more accurate, my teacher's wise words always comes to mind. ._.

leehuan

HSC
My teacher used to always say REPEAT FOR RELIABILITY in year 7 whenever I see a question on how an experiment can be more accurate, my teacher's wise words always comes to mind. ._.
Reliability is consistency.

That's why for a first hand investigation, repetition is a good way of ensuring it.

If you were doing a second hand investigation though what does "repeat" even mean

Idk why people study up to 12
Some people "work better at night". And then you got people that leave things to the last minute.

You could say they're damaging their health, but as if you can really comment

si2136

HSC
N/A
Reliability is consistency.

That's why for a first hand investigation, repetition is a good way of ensuring it.

If you were doing a second hand investigation though what does "repeat" even mean

Some people "work better at night". And then you got people that leave things to the last minute.

You could say they're damaging their health, but as if you can really comment
Anyone can critique at a certain issue.

But I'm a hypocrite [emoji1]

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
@Simorgh

Tables
When recording data in a table, ensure
1. A heading which is sufficiently detailed which should include the dependant and indepandant variable
2. NEat coumns and rows drawn with a ruler
3. Units included in the first column or row

Graphs
Needs:
Heading, axes with units, scale at least 2/3 of graphing area is used to provide clarity, clear data points with crosses, line/curve of best fit

Note: Exams will often ask questions on how the experiment can be improved. A way to not answer this is by saying 'make sure the electronic balance is accurate' because it is not specific enough. In order to improve on this answer focus on how the experimental design might limit the validity or reliability of the practical. Where are the errors? How ccan we reduce their impacts? Was everything standardised so that the independent variable influenced the dependant variable? Were there adequae repetitions? Did the experiment allow us to measure what we wanted to measure

Also know your HSC verbs
Simorgh

Please take note of this

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
BTW Simorgh, you need to change the maths thread to "prelim maths help thread" not "prelim 2016 maths help thread" b/c ppl in the future might use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)