2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
did a practice maths exam under exam conditions at school today.
it was a 2011 exam so for a few of the questions it was hard to distinguish if I am stupid or if it wasnt in the course lol

mrstripedshades

HSC
Who here is 100% with their phys/chem/bio content?
Chem 75% (as in I think i can get 75 raw mark at least. I dont even mind if I get a band 4 for this subject because It will be enough in terms of ATAR), Physics - I dont even know lmao.

My physics and chemistry marks are similar but rank is 7 spots higher in chemistry. I never really tried in Physics because I realised the top ranks were really competitive, and literally anyone under rank 15 are going to massively drag down. I will obviously try for Physics and I think I can probably pull off even a better raw mark because I find the subject more interesting rn and I have more of a natural aptitude towards it but idk because of scaling.

I hate that physics is same week as chem because i cram T_T.

Btw guys, is it worth doing the last few years of papers in the days leading up to the exam, if you've done them a while ago or no?

I intended to do the last 5 Physics papers or near that in the few days before it, but I've done a lot of the questions individually by themselves with lenient conditions throughout the year. Also same case for Maths 2u, though I just did 2-3 very leniently like a month ago.

Will do them in strict conditions.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Btw guys, is it worth doing the last few years of papers in the days leading up to the exam, if you've done them a while ago or no?

I intended to do the last 5 Physics papers or near that in the few days before it, but I've done a lot of the questions individually by themselves with lenient conditions throughout the year. Also same case for Maths 2u, though I just did 2-3 very leniently like a month ago.

Will do them in strict conditions.
personally i tried doing that for my german exam coming tomorrow. I have done every relevant paper (2015-2000) over the past year and I tried going back this weekend but I remembered all the texts and questions. Even redoing the writing wasnt very helpful because I knew what I wrote last time. I guess thats what led me to watching Ratatouille and Kung Fu Panda in german this weekend.....

It might be different for maths and physics papers, but if you might have it written somewhere what questions you got WRONG last time you did the paper it could be pretty beneficial to do those again. You can know that whatever BOSTES threw at the kids in the last years, you can do it - confidence boost.

mrstripedshades

HSC
personally i tried doing that for my german exam coming tomorrow. I have done every relevant paper (2015-2000) over the past year and I tried going back this weekend but I remembered all the texts and questions. Even redoing the writing wasnt very helpful because I knew what I wrote last time. I guess thats what led me to watching Ratatouille and Kung Fu Panda in german this weekend.....

It might be different for maths and physics papers, but if you might have it written somewhere what questions you got WRONG last time you did the paper it could be pretty beneficial to do those again. You can know that whatever BOSTES threw at the kids in the last years, you can do it - confidence boost.
btw how badly do you get marked in the writing section of LOTE for spelling mistakes?

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
btw how badly do you get marked in the writing section of LOTE for spelling mistakes?
I'm not sure exactly but looking at marking guidlines, a lot of the marks go to 'authentic' and 'skillful' manipulation of language i.e good complex grammar stuctures, words used in the right contexts and also authentic phrases of the language. They also mark for the ideas and the way you convey ideas. I would like to think they would mark down wrong adjective endings or verb conjugation more than the spelling. If it's fully loaded with spelling mistakes but is amazing, and someone else's is similar in quality but has only a few typos then i would imagine you would get slightly different marks.

tl;dr i'm not sure lol but probably not that much unless it changes meaning of the word lel (leid vs lied in german is sorrow vs song LOL)

mrstripedshades

HSC
How many hours a day LEGIT are you guys studying? I feel so demotivated and only study like 3 hours on regular days. Day before exam I probably do 6 maybe 8.

Before modules for english I did legit 9-10 hours straight tho (Excluding dinner)

mrstripedshades

HSC
jealous af . I wish I had that motivation -.-.

Honestly I have a fear if I dont proper cram its just gonna go out the other way because in terms of content thats whats worked what i have done for the entire year/my life.

I usually study best at night though, but its mainly because I wake up late af. Usually go to bed at 12-1 am then stay in bed watching some netflix or something. I get 6 hours sleep which is enough it feels like

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
jealous af . I wish I had that motivation -.-.

Honestly I have a fear if I dont proper cram its just gonna go out the other way because in terms of content thats whats worked what i have done for the entire year/my life.

I usually study best at night though, but its mainly because I wake up late af. Usually go to bed at 12-1 am then stay in bed watching some netflix or something. I get 6 hours sleep which is enough it feels like
5 or 6 hours is the sweet spot for me, anything else feels like a waste of time and makes me feel like i had a hangover

if i genuinely feel tired i usually nap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)