UTS Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

mrstripedshades

HSC
Hey uts students, just wondering if you find the trimesters hard to deal with?

And does Science in IT involve a lot of coding?

astroman

HSC
So anyone know if you can do core subjects later on instead of first year? I've bludged a lot of programming fundamentals and probs wont pass lol, thing is though its only a prerequisite for one other core IT subject and nothing else, can't I just complete my other subjects as listed in the student handbook and just do the two subjects in my last year??

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
So anyone know if you can do core subjects later on instead of first year? I've bludged a lot of programming fundamentals and probs wont pass lol, thing is though its only a prerequisite for one other core IT subject and nothing else, can't I just complete my other subjects as listed in the student handbook and just do the two subjects in my last year??
Assuming it is like most unis, then you should be able to do it.

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
anyone know if withdrawing from subjects shows up as fail on your transcript?

astroman

HSC

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Well shit, don't want to sound stupid but what is the purpose of a transcript? Is it for employers to check?
Yeah, it shows your academic history at the university - so previous subjects, marks, GPA, any failed subjects etc.

astroman

HSC
Is it wise to do more than the listed amount of subjects in the handbook? With my timetable setup for 2017, I only have uni on two days for 3 subjects, I really think I can do more subjects? Thoughts?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Why only 3 subjects? Unless they are 8cp (law?) I think most courses have 4 each semester in the planners.

The weekly classes aren't the problem, if you are overloading or working a lot the hard part is always that at some points in the semester most of your subjects will have assessments around the same time and the same thing with finals.

astroman

HSC
Why only 3 subjects? Unless they are 8cp (law?) I think most courses have 4 each semester in the planners.

The weekly classes aren't the problem, if you are overloading or working a lot the hard part is always that at some points in the semester most of your subjects will have assessments around the same time and the same thing with finals.
according to the outline this is what i'm supposed to do:
31269 Business Requirements Modelling 6cp
31270 Networking Essentials 6cp
31247 Collaborative Business Processes 6cp
Select 6 credit points of options 6cp

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Not sure for options, you can get a more detailed study plain via My Student Admin though.

Networking essentials is pretty content heavy, I did Networking Fundamentals which I think is similar and there was a lot to cover before the exam. It wasn't really hard, but just felt like a lot of stuff. They also run the exam in class rather than the formal exam period which is quite weird.

astroman

HSC
Not sure for options, you can get a more detailed study plain via My Student Admin though.

Networking essentials is pretty content heavy, I did Networking Fundamentals which I think is similar and there was a lot to cover before the exam. It wasn't really hard, but just felt like a lot of stuff. They also run the exam in class rather than the formal exam period which is quite weird.
For options i'm keen on doing a second major of interaction design.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I don't know much about interaction design, I guess it's basically a UX major?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
My mates do Interaction media, which is a combination of design and coding.

astroman

HSC
I don't know much about interaction design, I guess it's basically a UX major?
yea pretty much, I hope it's worthwhile, if you think about it, apps and websites are always going to be made so people with UX design knowledge will always be helpful or needed in some form.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
yea pretty much, I hope it's worthwhile, if you think about it, apps and websites are always going to be made so people with UX design knowledge will always be helpful or needed in some form.
But you need the fundamental knowledge from ProgFun, do you like programming ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)