HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (2 Viewers)

LostCrypt

HSC
ikr i just wrote about the different cultures and ages presented. i forgot to write about the vector of the smoke and water spilling :(
I used pathetic fallacy, not even sure if that made any sense, I just used techniques that were "common" so to speak

sharky564

HSC
For 1984, the question asked about re-understanding loneliness, so I did a very conceptual essay on how there are different ways in which Winston is lonely:
- he is living in a society where the only expected loyalties are to the Party, so he is lonely with his beliefs
- he is living in a society in which all expressions are surveilled, so he is lonely with his expressions
- he is living in a society constantly suppressing and mutating the past, so he is lonely in time

Kingom

HSC
I felt like for many of the section 2 questions, they were designed for you to argue against the question or at least to a non-significant extent. Personally I did Dobson, and i argued that it was true to a medium extent (did for the question for Young girl, cock crow and then went against for over the hill).

Hithcock

HSC
It seems like there's not many of us doing the Dobson poems. How'd you feel about the understanding of ageing? I think I was able to make it work somehow but tbh I really don't know. I did Cock Crow, Amy Caroline and Young Girl at a Window.
I honestly don't know. I did integrated paragraphs, so two poems per paragraph, focusing on a specific theme. To be honest, as long as you did those three poems you should be good. I twisted my themes to fit the aspect of ageing, but I feel they were a bit dodgy.

Wet_Lettuce

HSC
N/A
I got text 3 mixed up with text 4 and wrote them in the wrong sections hahahahaha had to scribble out the text 4 and text 3 at the top of the page and write a little note hahaha

vegimitemonster

HSC
boomerang was uHm interesting. I used the 'boomerang' as a motif; suggests the idea you can always return to your family... itS a stretch but eh. I still have no bloody idea what the poster is trying to do
reasonable. i wrote about pathetic fallacy and went on about other poetic techniques and anthropomorphism. stuff that poster tho

Niicholaii

HSC
The Crucible question was a real wild card...the play is about the dangers of persecuting individuals without evidence and Miller was using it didactically to warn 1950s America that history was repeating itself with the Red Scare etc. and NESA seriously got LOVE as a key concern?? Did they even read the text??? Somehow managed to link my argument back to how the play presented the dangers of hatred and therefore showing why love is necessary but like that's a bit of a stretch and I doubt many people actually had clear arguments lol (only other potential discussion topic that comes to mind is the affair between Abigail and Proctor which is a bit yikes when considering Abigail was originally meant to be 12)

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad
Could someone post the 1984/Crucible questions please :)

lucyfitz

HSC
reasonable. i wrote about pathetic fallacy and went on about other poetic techniques and anthropomorphism. stuff that poster tho
Sameeeee I just went on about pathetic fallacy and connection to spirituality through nature

Skuxxgolfer

HSC
N/A
Did anyone else know that we were going to be given writing space for the short answer questions? I was prepared to write in booklets until I turned over the page. Caught me off guard because I had to write all my answers in a smaller space

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)