What HSC subjects do future doctors choose in Australia? (1 Viewer)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Median ATAR for UNSW last year was 99.2 with a median UCAT of like 2950... it’s a VERY tough course to get into. That’s the goal though 😂
Wow, I'm really proud of you, you surpassed them in UCAT!

No, there is no minimum ATAR on the page though... it just says lowest and median, where it says lowest selection rank, it says ATAR + UCAT + INTERVIEW

idkkdi

HSC
Actually their ‘cutoff’ is 96 ATAR... obviously you’d want at least a 99 to be competitive though 😅.
for the people who get interviews they cull by looking at ATAR and UCAT. ATAR had to be 99.2 and UCAT had to be 2800+ or something. probably slightly eased becuz of less internationals this yr tho.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
for the people who get interviews they cull by looking at ATAR and UCAT. ATAR had to be 99.2 and UCAT had to be 2800+ or something. probably slightly eased becuz of less internationals this yr tho.
Certainly hope so! I really just want that shot at an interview and maybe I can make up a few points there and get a chance to get in...

idkkdi

HSC
Certainly hope so! I really just want that shot at an interview and maybe I can make up a few points there and get a chance to get in...
do u know how uac calculates your atar? your scaled advanced score is worth more than your ext 1 score by 4.5% lmao. Do they add ext 2 + adv or ext 1 + ext 2? cuz no one doing ext 2 normally does advanced.

Anonnnnnymous

HSC
Yeah doing 4U maths could take a lot of the pressure of triple science off. I dropped bio and things are a lot easier now - just if you do drop one, make sure it’s the right one! I wish I’d dropped Chem instead but rushed myself and made the wrong decision. A 99 ATAR really is ideal if you want to get into med, at least for the bigger uni’s like UNSW, Monash, Newie at the like.
@Speed’o’sound Sonic What is the difference between triple science stress and 4U? I feel like science is easier to score higher than 4U

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
do u know how uac calculates your atar? your scaled advanced score is worth more than your ext 1 score by 4.5% lmao. Do they add ext 2 + adv or ext 1 + ext 2? cuz no one doing ext 2 normally does advanced.
They add Ext1 and Ext2. I know my advanced was better than Ext1 but my Ext2 was better than advanced and there was kinda no way around it 😂
My advanced mark is null, according to NESA rules 😢 98 down the drain

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
@Speed’o’sound Sonic What is the difference between triple science stress and 4U? I feel like science is easier to score higher than 4U
Just the fact that ext2 only has like 5 periods a week, you’ll get more free periods, not to mention I personally find the utter lack of content in ext2 quite easy to prepare for haha

idkkdi

HSC
They add Ext1 and Ext2. I know my advanced was better than Ext1 but my Ext2 was better than advanced and there was kinda no way around it 😂
My advanced mark is null, according to NESA rules 😢 98 down the drain
yikes. let's just hope your English mark is enough to pull the atar. :)

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
yikes. let's just hope your English mark is enough to pull the atar. :)
All good haha. All I can do is back myself, no interview offer no stress. Kinda hoping to clutch the Newcastle interview and have a ‘backup’ course at the ready 😂

idkkdi

HSC
tbh, kinda depends on how talented you are at maths. I would take speed'o'sound's 4u evaluation with a bit of salt, since he was apparently breaking records on BOS papers.

Anonnnnnymous

HSC
Also do you guys happen to know anyone who did a combination of lower scaling subjects such as SOR or food tech etc? I need reassurance :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)