Math Advanced Prediction/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

stupidpersonlol

HSC
I think its wrong, they gave u the mean and SD so it has to be something to do with z-scores which the answer didn't include. not to mention the z score is exactly 2, so probs with empirical rule as well. i did it as a conditional probability
I WAS GONNA DO THAT BUT I GOT LIKE 0.2

Jerryclover

HSC
I think its wrong, they gave u the mean and SD so it has to be something to do with z-scores which the answer didn't include. not to mention the z score is exactly 2, so probs with empirical rule as well. i did it as a conditional probability
ahh, that makes sense. So probably probability of picking someone with 130 iq GIVEN that they finish the puzzle under two hours. Then i'll probably get 1 mark since i calculated the z value.

stupidpersonlol

HSC
ahh, that makes sense. So probably probability of picking someone with 130 iq GIVEN that they finish the puzzle under two hours. Then i'll probably get 1 mark since i calculated the z value.
ok at least ill get 1 mark also

zbolland

HSC
yup i think its conditional probability as well... the solutions look somewhat right, but i am unsure.

stupidpersonlol

HSC
wait but if u did conditionla probability what answer did u get- coz i did that but got 0.02 which wouldn't be to 3 dec points

zbolland

HSC
wait im pretty sure Q25 has worked it out incorrectly

they said 8(1000) x 8.2132, but i swear it should just be 1000x8.2132

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Sir, can you check question 33? is that right? Aren't they independent events? So shouldn't it just be calculating the z score of z=(130-100)/(15)?
The answer given for q33(d) is incorrect, it is a conditional probability problem as the question asks for P(IQ > 130 given can solve the problem in under 2 h)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)