Should there be an Aboriginal voice to parliament? (1 Viewer)

A Proposed Law: to alter the Constitution to recognise the First Peoples of Australia by establishin

• Yes

Votes: 69 44.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 32.9%
  • Idk/results

Votes: 35 22.6%

• Total voters

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
that was super fast lol, i voted last-minute (~5:30 ish) and three states have alr pretty much confirmed most of their voters voted no
i mean i felt it was never gonna past anyway but i'm curious to see where the government's gonna go from there

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
thinking why this lost so hard and fast compared to the the gay marriage thing

ssm could be spun as the big civil rights milestone, sort of like millennials getting a crack at being sprayed with a fire hose like activists in the 50s/60s did

a story they can tell their grand children decades from now

it wasnt about the gays so much as it was about the people voting, it plugged right into ppls inherent narcissism and self-importance

by contrast, the voice to parliament was just ??????????????????????????????????????????????

a boring, bureaucratic proposal

not something anyone could get excited about

no one gives a shit if they even understood it

only people who really were invested either way were angry boomers yelling into the void on twitter and facebook 24/7 and theres not that many of them

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
On Facebook marketplace someone is already selling their Yes campaign merch.
🤣 🤣 🤣 I cant tell if this is satire but I love it baha
I think friendlyjordies said it best in his video on the Voice. On polling day, there was the actual question of the referendum. However, deep down, hidden below the surface was a secret poll on how much you liked Bill Gates (his analogy for the establishment). In the end, the anti-establishment won.

Rattlehead15

HSC

I think friendlyjordies said it best in his video on the Voice. On polling day, there was the actual question of the referendum. However, deep down, hidden below the surface was a secret poll on how much you liked Bill Gates (his analogy for the establishment). In the end, the anti-establishment won.
Crazy that that guy can get his house set on fire for talking about Australian politics 💀

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

god i hate this guy

always able to be funny but then has to turn the video into some serious f-g histrionic anti-LIBRULZ thing

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
isnt it interesting that support in the NT is only 40% when they have a 31% indigenous population
i wouldn't be surprised if that 80% support rate was bs all along

notme123

HSC

whys he actually funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)