• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2026 HSC CHAT (4 Viewers)

isho-3

HSC
I dunno if you guys can relate, but I chose Ext 1 math, Ext 1 Eng, bio, chem and physics cause its mandatory for some reason that we choose 12 units for year 11. Do any of your teachers force you to drop or change subjects, cause my teachers forcing me to drop ext1 english and making me do music 1, which is kinda shii. Like in my opinion they shouldn't be able to do this tbh, like its just not fair. Why are they deciding what someone else wants to do? Like I know it may be because they want me to choose wisely or some shii but like...

can anyone relate??? 👍

sorry for ranting but im just hella confused
genuinely id be so fucking pissed if they forced me to change my subject selections,,,,,, it was already bad enough to me that my careers advisor tried to convince me into switching something out instead of ent. vet & my parents pressured me into math ext., but to actually be forced into changing subjects is fucking wild.

could you appeal to your teachers to do ext 1??? i dont know how it works for your school, but i srsly hope they let you.

Bastani

HSC
genuinely id be so fucking pissed if they forced me to change my subject selections,,,,,, it was already bad enough to me that my careers advisor tried to convince me into switching something out instead of ent. vet & my parents pressured me into math ext., but to actually be forced into changing subjects is fucking wild.

could you appeal to your teachers to do ext 1??? i dont know how it works for your school, but i srsly hope they let you.
fortnite

tigermum111

HSC

😭 😭 😭 😭bro

shes trynna make me choose vet cours

Bro, I was talking to my head of studies teacher about this right and she was like " I don't care on what you got to say " some bullshit about grades or effort, smth. like wtf do they mean careers advisor bro, i don't want to become a fricking tradie, like i don't care if i get a shit atar, i'm not choosing fucking aborigonal studies, hospitalites, family studies, geography or some bullshit like that. Like i can;t get my bloody point across to them cause they are so fricking stubborn.

Bro you know another funny thing.

they give us a choice, but nearly everyone in my year had their subjects changed forcefully, like wtf is this. whats the point of choosing the subjects??????

Like i would rather get a shit atar then choosing the subjects that i don't want to won't benifet me.

fucking bullshit. like some kids in my year are literally considering moving

Bastani

HSC
😭 😭 😭 😭bro

Bro, I was talking to my head of studies teacher about this right and she was like " I don't care on what you got to say " some bullshit about grades or effort, smth. like wtf do they mean careers advisor bro, i don't want to become a fricking tradie, like i don't care if i get a shit atar, i'm not choosing fucking aborigonal studies, hospitalites, family studies, geography or some bullshit like that. Like i can;t get my bloody point across to them cause they are so fricking stubborn.

they give us a choice, but nearly everyone in my year had their subjects changed forcefully, like wtf is this. whats the point of choosing the subjects??????

Like i would rather get a shit atar then choosing the subjects that i don't want to won't benifet me.

if yk they cant do this or you think theyre abusing power you can report to doe if i was you i would

tigermum111

HSC

Sry about the rant, I'm just pissed. Shes like 🤓👆" no but your efforts have not shown you can be enrolled in this class " " i will need to speajk to my deputies about this matter gimme a moment " " would you like to see other options " " trust me i was like this your age ! i understnad

isho-3

HSC
😭 😭 😭 😭bro

your head of studies sounds like she has her head absolutely stuck up her ass, the only time effort matters in subject choice is when its extension and even then its only y11, if they have a problem w/ your grades they can take it up w/ you in y12 when you can drop down to 10u.

also wait holy fuck??? nearly the entire fucking year?????? jesus shitting christ,,,,,,,, im speechless dude. (also sorry for the possibly excessive swearing, just out of words)

isho-3

HSC
Sry about the rant, I'm just pissed. Shes like 🤓👆" no but your efforts have not shown you can be enrolled in this class " " i will need to speajk to my deputies about this matter gimme a moment " " would you like to see other options " " trust me i was like this your age ! i understnad
no dude go ahead and rant, if this happened to me i wouldn't shut up about it for weeks. genuinely so sorry your teachers are being absolute asses about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)