• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (6 Viewers)

ahihimeowmeow

HSC
Do u guys have any good revision resource like a maths youtube channel (except for eddie woo)?? Im so desperate

realjohnpork

HSC
Do u guys have any good revision resource like a maths youtube channel (except for eddie woo)?? Im so desperate
Not a yt channel but if u havent seen it you could try hscmathsbytopic.firsteducation . com . au (remove the spaces) - just pick e1 and pick the topics u want to improve. this really helped me for e2 so maybe give it a try

realjohnpork

HSC
Does anyone know the most marks they've allocated to a single perms/combs question? I feel like every paper has like one or two qs but theyre usually like 2 marks max (or even a multi)

femboys4life

HSC
if the paper is too hard my teacher is gonna get drunk again i dont want that to happen

herbimycin

HSC
Atar Notes has some revision lectures that can be helpful to go through each topic and remind yourself of what is involved and try some practice questions. Good for exposing big areas of weakness.

mcgrathematics has a playlist of ext. 1 topic vids on yt. havent used them much personally but they seem pretty good. (wont let me link for some reason)

Prof Dave explains has some good videos, though not specific to the hsc so you may have to dig around a little bit to find what you need (and make sure you aren't doing stuff outside the course)

Also khan academy has heaps of stuff.

femboys4life

HSC
theres also dr du full notes if u wanna take a look at those

C2H6O

HSC
The past 2 years have had z tables, wonder if that means we won't have a normal approximation question this year?

herbimycin

HSC
The past 2 years have had z tables, wonder if that means we won't have a normal approximation question this year?
i hope so. i have no clue how to any of the probability related stuff bc it puts me to sleep. i just end up doin E2 in class when we were doing it

C2H6O

HSC
Does anyone know the most marks they've allocated to a single perms/combs question? I feel like every paper has like one or two qs but theyre usually like 2 marks max (or even a multi)
Well 2020 had a massive 8 mark combs question in q14 plus a multi
2021 had a 1 marker
2022 had a 2 marker and a multi
2023 had two 2 markers and a multi
This is from glazing over the papers just now, so not garunteed to be accurate, but should give an idea of what you can expect

Last edited:

C2H6O

HSC
i hope so. i have no clue how to any of the probability related stuff bc it puts me to sleep. i just end up doin E2 in class when we were doing it
I did the same thing lmao I didn't do any ext 1 work once we started binomial distribution

afourgridbook

HSC
does anyone think this will be the year they decide to include a combinatorial argument question, i've never seen one in the hsc before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 3)