• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bio Predications (7 Viewers)

genenian

HSC
In the CSSA trials they did. I have a feeling it'd be similar if this question was asked in the HSC. Unfortunately my teacher forgot to go through it so mostly everyone in my class were cooked.View attachment 45333
can someone here write a sample response for this go all out like its a practice hsc help a girl out here

mishtidoi101

HSC
guys i genuinely need help what should i do? i have bio then 2 other exams on mon and tue srsly have no motivation left to study, atp i even forgot how to study ngl 😭 (srsly hate the person who made the timetable)

DoTheFlip123

HSC
Make sure to study pregnancy hormones for mod 8 y’all, they haven’t asked for it for a few years so there’s prolly gonna be something on it. Estrogen, progesterone, hcg, relaxin
i hate those ;( every source is telling me each hormone is responsible for a different function. It's even worse to study anatomy in the library!

anybody got notes on female/pregnancy hormones and their functions (alongside placental formation, like the whole 36 week duration of a pregnancy and when fertilisation, implantation, etc occur)

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
In the CSSA trials they did. I have a feeling it'd be similar if this question was asked in the HSC. Unfortunately my teacher forgot to go through it so mostly everyone in my class were cooked.View attachment 45333
I'm so glad they removed this question coz we hadnt done that yet omg

mishtidoi101

HSC
i hate those ;( every source is telling me each hormone is responsible for a different function. It's even worse to study anatomy in the library!

anybody got notes on female/pregnancy hormones and their functions (alongside placental formation, like the whole 36 week duration of a pregnancy and when fertilisation, implantation, etc occur)
try wtaching this video:

bbmiffy

HSC
help idk how to study for bioo all ik to do is past papers but i feel like there’s no point since i have nobody to mark them

genenian

HSC
make flashcards (i like to use mochi for online flashcards, super easy once you get the hang of it)
look through as many peoples notes as you can to find examples and extra explanations and update your notes as well as your flashcards
do mind maps for fun for larger topics like immunity 3 or a biotech question or homeostasis
make an ultimate answers document according to the rubric
help idk how to study for bioo all ik to do is past papers but i feel like there’s no point since i have nobody to mark them
this is all stuff im doing

DoTheFlip123

HSC
For many science/stem based subjects, you don't really need anybody marking them for you really. Just keep doing them and maybe if you get those 9 marker "evaluate" questions you could ask a friend to mark it for you and get better at it!

DoTheFlip123

HSC
Also, anybody struggling with those epidemiology questions / those that show a map of e.g. Africa and Malaria cases and making us draw conclusions or when they give us a case study :( I dislike those so much

ax_l

HSC
I'm actually praying that this year's bio exam is just mostly data analysis or whatever with a few content questions here and there. legit have three exams this week 💀🙏 hopefully i can yap a lot during the exam 😭😔

Hannah22

HSC
Also, anybody struggling with those epidemiology questions / those that show a map of e.g. Africa and Malaria cases and making us draw conclusions or when they give us a case study :( I dislike those so much
Absolutely. These questions legit have me questioning my bio knowledge. Anyone have any tips for these kind of questions..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)