HSC Modern History Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
for anyone who did russia (the impacts of bolshevik consolidation) what did you all talk about? Consolidation or power struggle or stalinism?
Consolidation of Bolshevik, talked about the NEP, War Communism, the Civil War and the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk

Last edited:

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Whilst I mentioned propaganda, I don't think it was important in the initial consolidation of power but rather in maintaining control (later part of the syllabus) so you were not meant to talk about terror, repression, censorship, propaganda etc.. However, The Reich Chamber of Culture/Ministry of Propaganda and Enlightenment/Editorial Law/Radios and Fuhrer myth were already prevalent in 1933 so I guess its plausible to talk about propaganda especially since they had a source on it. Also I'm pretty sure Goebbels was not mentioning the night of the Broken Glass which was 5 years after the consolidation of power 1933-1934, but rather the mass book burning of 1933.

What you were meant to talk about was actually (note I did not talk about all of this, just looked at this part of the syllabus again after the exam)
- The Reichstag Fire Decree 1933 which abolished civil liberties and allowed imprisonment without trial - allowed the nazi party to easily remove political opponents
- The Subsequent Enabling Act after removing their political opponents to gain a majority in the Reichstag and allow Hitler to pass laws without going through the Reichstag
- The Enabling Act lead to laws such as the banning of all political parties but the Nazi Parties, the abolishment of trade unions to be replaced by a single German Labour Front. The Judicial system was also brought under control and civil service composing of Jews and political opponents were purged. Refer to Gleichshaltung (bringing all areas of society under control)
- The Night of Long Knives which brought the Nazi Party into control from within by purging the bad elements of the SA
- The Death of Hindenburg which lead to Hitler becoming Fuhrer: Head of State, Head of Government, Head of Army
Yes it was the book burnings not broken glass - I remembered it wrong. Your points sound like they're right but idk how many of them they would expect to see tho. I actually talked about most of that except Hindenburg, with a big focus on the laws they used + the souce. Obv no point in stressing about it but idk how this question will get marked as far as what you get and lose marks for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)