• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dr Du Practice Tests (1 Viewer)

newbeat

HSC
N/A
nah im atg baulko rn there's like 5 of these kids who alr know ext 2 syllabus and theres prolly like 30 ppl like that at ruse how r u even supposed to compete
Can I ask if Dr Du is as good as Kurt. Why people want to go to Kurt even though he offers detention and trauma. The entrance test is insanely difficult. Does anyone know about Mr Jin Math class?

iloveeggs

HSC
Can I ask if Dr Du is as good as Kurt. Why people want to go to Kurt even though he offers detention and trauma. The entrance test is insanely difficult. Does anyone know about Mr Jin Math class?
anywhere is good if you work hard, but some ppl go to kurt even if they get traumatised bc his resources are on top. i just couldnt do it bc i all 12 of my units aren't maths so busting my ass to study just 4us is not worth it for me. but i have to admit his work sheets are banging

iloveeggs

HSC
Hi everyone,

I am a year 8 student, going into year 9 this year (2024), moving from a private school in Canberra to a partially-selective school in Sydney. I'm not exactly sure what I should be expecting in terms of academics and am therefore signing up for Dr Du tuition. The entrance test is coming up soon and I'm not entirely sure what I should prepare. I've been doing some math practice tests from THSC Online from different schools but I'm not sure if I should revise for anything else.

If anyone knows any websites I can get good practice papers for free, for the Dr Du entrance test, I would highly appreciate it. I would also appreciate any tips for transitioning between the education system in Canberra to Sydney.
you don't have practise tests bro. its a computer-based multiple choice but some questions are worth like 20 marks and some are like 10 or some shit like that.

from what i hear canberra curriculum is way easier than nsw so i reckon you might need a little bit of catch up so do any yr 8/9/10 content you can find on thsc or go through cambridge textbooks if you have the time and energy but ultimately its not that deep. its ok if you flop the test the first time around, you can just rewrite it

kkk579

hello
HSC
anywhere is good if you work hard, but some ppl go to kurt even if they get traumatised bc his resources are on top. i just couldnt do it bc i all 12 of my units aren't maths so busting my ass to study just 4us is not worth it for me. but i have to admit his work sheets are banging
Arent his worksheets mainly just cambridge tho? Like i swear majority of the qs are taken from the cambridge textbook tho i might be wrong. His tests r pretty good tho.

iloveeggs

HSC
Arent his worksheets mainly just cambridge tho? Like i swear majority of the qs are taken from the cambridge textbook tho i might be wrong. His tests r pretty good tho.
they are ngl, earlier this year he basically made us go off cambridge for revision. he also takes stuff from thsc, even from content from decades ago. but he tends to collect the harder questions for hw and i really like that abt him. his work is actually a challenge and it exposes you to a lot of the harder question types.

kkk579

hello
HSC
they are ngl, earlier this year he basically made us go off cambridge for revision. he also takes stuff from thsc, even from content from decades ago. but he tends to collect the harder questions for hw and i really like that abt him. his work is actually a challenge and it exposes you to a lot of the harder question types.
Would you say his hw is hard as well or just his tests?

iloveeggs

HSC
Would you say his hw is hard as well or just his tests?
tests are def harder but there are a few hw q's that i would genuinely start crying if i saw them in a test. idk how to explain it. they are hard but you can do them given time to think about it and stuff but under test conditions a few of those questions are terrifying.

worst part is that he doesn't explain concepts and harder questions properly and he is very unapproachable so its hard to ask questions in class. most ppl at kurt rely on team work, help from school or diff tutors, solutions online, and those random indian tutors on youtube to get them through lol

thats really why ppl find his shit hard. like its not that bad but its bad considering he doesn't help you and instead punishes you if you don't get things right away...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)