• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

12 or 11 units? (1 Viewer)

hdog1998

HSC
I am doing 12 units right not but am not enjoying art as much as I thought. Is extention history a hard subject?

atcha

HSC
N/A
11 units would be superior as it would allow you adequate time to focus on all of your subjects. Additionally, it is unlikely that you will completely bomb a subject and need those extra units.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
See how things turn out for Term 2 and 3, do not base your decisions on JUST the first term.

I think you should also work on being more organised, because there are two reasons why 12 units isn't working out for a majority of people; the subjects are just not suited for them - and they chose subjects based on scaling or something on the same lines, meaning they might've never had any interest in it OR they are not being organised, leaving things to last minute - and placing in work that is not worth the grade they want. So if you're not enjoying art, sit down and just write down why - justify your thoughts, and have it written out so you clearly know why. Also, learn about what History Extension is like etc.

12 Units is a very secure situation, if you flopped in a 2U subject. 11 Units is the also secure because one bad unit can be replaced with a better one.
10 Units is preached in selective schools, because a majority of the student body has the confidence to do well and effectively invest all their time into those 10 units.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I ended up doing 13 units whilst I was in Year 11, 11 units when I was in Year 12. In my opinion take this time in Year 11 to figure out which subjects you really would concentrate and study for when you hit year 12. With 11 units I found that I was able to really spend my time correctly around the block as I really did care for all the 11 units I ended up staying with. If I was you though, dropping an extension unit might not be the best idea to get down to 11 units, just check your timetable carefully and if you feel like you need much more time to study then make the call.

pomsky

HSC
11 units would be superior as it would allow you adequate time to focus on all of your subjects. Additionally, it is unlikely that you will completely bomb a subject and need those extra units.
Actually, it's actually easier than most would think it is to completely bomb a subject. Depending on the cohort, sometimes it just takes one assessment...

But on the other hand, you're probably most likely to bomb out on the subject you want to drop to get to 11u (or at least that's the theory).

lauraalessandra

HSC
I'm doing 15 units going onto 16 in year 12 [emoji15][emoji15] sure it's hard but it's really interesting! All that matters is you enjoying all your subjects :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC
Hey I am a year 11/12 tutor and can assist you through to the end of year 12.
Ext history is fairly hard but art is much easier. 12 units is a good amount to do.

Whats on offer
- Private tuition and coaching
- Draft Reading
- Complete access to a large pool of quality notes and resources
- 24/7 communication and email assist
- assistance with subject selection

PM if interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)