• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

13 year old's jail sentence cut in half (2 Viewers)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
13..shit thats way too young to be doing stuff like that
not that any age is acceptable..but a 13 year old..dam thats like my little sister
thats really sad

as for the penalty..its better then nothign at all

Mumma

HSC
Pfft .. mental disabilities, well fuck, I think its pretty safe to say that anyone who puts up a knife to someone and starts threatening to cut your head off if you dont suck his dick is pretty fucked up in the head. Shoot the asshole and rid society of that extra baggage no one needs, wants or particularly cares about. It seems as if everyone's a bit 'mentally disadvantaged' these days. Useless justice system.

malkin86

HSC
Kids can be cruel. I hope he knows now that what he tried to do to her was wrong. The "normal" 14 yr old is still serving 19 years.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
13 year old kid?

was he like a hillybilly country bumpkin redneck who is sexually desperate because the country side is so boring. Or mayb his country town is inhibited by 10 ppl and there is only one girl around. Maybe the kids parents f***ed at an early age as well, so its kind of like a cycle and goes around. his parents didnt get caught because back in those days it was natural to mate and breed at preteen ages. so its like animals, or more precisely like dogs who screw around after they are about 1 year old. So this 13 year old kid is kinda similar. hence country rednecks prolly become great great great grandparents when they are like 60...

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
sorry, i take those words back against country people

, i just read the article
and realised that this kid is just some stupid fucking wog raised in a sex-driven culture

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
What he did is absolutely terrible. But consideration should still be given to the fact that he was only 13.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
unfortunately, 13 or 31, these animals can't be cured.

does anyone really think that someone who does this at such a young age can be changed? its tragic that this has happened and i would assume the boy had a shitty upbringing which is truly saddening, but the damage has been done to the lad, and i just dont think someone so messed up has a chance to change his ways in such a short period of time. a much longer sentence would be better, he'll be only 21 when he's released, sexually active i bet after 7 years of not getting any (no sex in jail right?), so he'll be pretty dangerous.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
Vangineer said:
sorry, i take those words back against country people

, i just read the article
and realised that this kid is just some stupid fucking wog raised in a sex-driven culture
u take them back from country ppl... wtf gives u the right to racially slurr a 'wog' ...

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
0o0 said:
unfortunately, 13 or 31, these animals can't be cured.

does anyone really think that someone who does this at such a young age can be changed? its tragic that this has happened and i would assume the boy had a shitty upbringing which is truly saddening, but the damage has been done to the lad, and i just dont think someone so messed up has a chance to change his ways in such a short period of time. a much longer sentence would be better, he'll be only 21 when he's released, sexually active i bet after 7 years of not getting any (no sex in jail right?), so he'll be pretty dangerous.
With that attitude I'm sure he won't change. Don't forget he's a human being too. Dehumanising these people into monsters does nothing to solve the problem. Along with punishment we should be attempting to rehabilitate these people.

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
People who just say "kill the bastard and get on with our own lives" annoys me to no end. What you want to do is basically deal with the issue after it has become a problem. That doesn't solve it. If you want an analogy, its immunisation vs antibiotics.

Jail should always be a last resort, especially for people who have only committed minor crimes (above is not minor, however). It is a fact that criminals do not look at the consequences of being caught, but only the probability of being caught. Case in point: the British used to hang people for stealing loaves of bread, back in 18th century England. That did nothing to solve the crime rate.

It was only afterwards that rehabilitation, not retribution was tried. That, as well as economic growth and reforms have made this system work. At least to a degree, wily people have found ways into exploiting loopholes. Still, trying to hang every last criminal has never worked.

Vangineer, I understand where you're coming from. But that system will work even worse than our current one.

santaslayer

HSC
Killing the offender is certain cases does work imo. Spending taxpayer's money on feeding, clothing and sheltering the criminal, and then employing workers to counsell and attempt to rehabilitate them is maybe spending too much time, effort and money on these individuals. Shouldn't we be spending that extra money on other parts of our lives like health and education? (which we need and use as a collective whole) Rather than spending it on something which has a high failure rate?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Asquithian said:
...another victim of the box mentality.

No one actually cares to look inside it to see why the court has reduced the sentence. Just follow the leader and chant 'bloody outrage'. Do you even have the capacity for independant thought?

I assume you came to your conclusion based on a thoughtful process weighing up all the arguments and not based on when a commercial journalist (of course interesting in fair and balanced reporting) has promted you to feel.
'mitigating circumstances'

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Asquithian said:
...i trust there MUST have been decent reasons as to why the sentence was reduced. No one really has the right to criticise unless they are informed. The court doesnt just drop years of the sentence because they felt like it.
hmmrmm I was supporting you asq

tattoodguy

so a 13 year old dude? was the perpetrator of the crime?

he should only receive 2 years jail.

he is only a kid, kids do dumb things - we shoudlnt over react.

tattoodguy

did u see a dude recently.

he raped a few girls or soemthing.

and then in jail alledgedly he was hit by some guards or something or they fucked with his head and pissed him offf. So he swore he would get revenge on society.

Then he got released, and the bashed a man to death with a hammmer and raped the daughter of the guy.

I admire the guy for taking revenge on society - i feeel slack for the girl i guessss and the dead dude as welll.. i dont know the reason why he killed the guy, i think there was a reason - if there was a good one - i guess thats ok.

But i like the fact he said he would do something bad and he did it.

When the courts and justice system overly punish someone or are unfair its funny when they take revenge.

If we focused on rehabilitation things like this wouldnt happen. Good work government and society - because your stupid u made a little girl get raped.

tattoodguy

isnt the perpertrator mentally handicapped a bit..and also a kid?

give the guy a fucking break..he is only a child....he cant think properly at that age.

monkeyface

HSC
N/A
this kid is just some stupid fucking wog

There is really no need for that Vangineer...

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
jaysus that kid was 13? i didnt even know how to do those things when i was 13.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)