• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

1984 Powerplay: using a magazine as a supplementary text..Is it too crude? (1 Viewer)

Line|z0r

would using an article from a magazine be a bad source?

let me give you the context: It's for the powerplay essay, and in Wheels car magazine Sept or Oct issue a journalist has written to the Minister for NSW road and transport arguing about road safety etc...any way, the Minister writes back defending his current stance on the issue of the road toll. The journalist then point out in the article that the Minister was twisting the figures so that the road toll appears to have improved since 1998. This got me thinking. In 1984, the Party twists the truth about prices on commodities etc to potray them in a positive light. I want to then relate to this in my essay by saying that powerful people can manipulate facts etc etc

Finally, how do I say where the quote was from? Should I just write:

Introduce point
This point can be seen in the September issue of Wheels magazine.
Relate to 1984.

Thanks for any help :D

R

randhi

Yeh you can just say that, may just add a year of publication. But you can definietly use a magazine article, i was going to use one but i found it kind of a little boring at the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)