• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2005 trial results (1 Viewer)

speed2

HSC
i know not many ppl do this subject, but for those who do howd u all go in ur trials??
i did alright with 63/80, paper was made by teacher.

mcbec

HSC
ours was absolutely shocking.... hardest exam ever... only 2 people in our class passed - i came second with 51% - everyone else failed.
the paper was so stupid!!!! half of it we'd either never heard of or had no idea what it was asking!!!!

e.g. there was a couple of indepth questions on file servers (including a long answer q. worth 15 marks!!!!), but we'd only studied the basics & stuff of file servers, we only know what we need to know about them for the HSC. Some of the questions made absolutely no sense whatsoever, unless maybe u were an elite computer nerd.

and what im even more peed off about is our teacher EXPECTED us to do well and was actually DISAPPOINTED when we didnt get good results!!!!!!!!!! WHat an IDIOT!
even if i'd studied for an extra 20 hours i still wouldnt have done any better.
GRR...

ah well anyway that feels good to get that off my chest :p

howd everyone else do? and what do u reckon or hope the HSC will be like?

speed2

HSC
the really annoying thing about the I.T. HSC exam is that it counts as 100%!! well its gud in a way cause u dont need to study 4 da trials. i just hope dat its not as hard as ur exam mcbec.

by the way was your paper the CSSA one or made up by ur teacher

mcbec

HSC
yes, lets all hope its not like the one i did or we're all doomed except for the few top computer nerds...

my paper wasnt made up by the teacher (i dont think she's smart enuf to do that anyway), & it wasnt the CSSA paper. It was some sort of independant paper, i think, that she bought from somewhere.... not sure where exactly, but i can ask her.

i also think its good and bad that the IT HSC paper 100% determines ur mark.... i think its good because if it wasnt, i'd be stuffed... with a mark of 51% in the trial!!!
However its also bad, in that it puts more pressure on us for the HSC exam, and in some ways the IT exam can be seen as more important than your other exams because it counts completely to your mark, and its the only way of determining what you get.

Anyway, im really hoping it'll be a good exam! like last years... has anyone checked out the 2004 one??? Talk about EASY!!! We did it as a prac paper and i got 94. Wish i had've done the HSC last year.... coulda killed it!!! 0h well...

HSC
there's what, ~53 days left to HSc, imagine if you spent like 1 hour a day every day till IT exam (its first day mind you), revising the course

i guarantee you that you'll probably top the state, if you got the sort of determination that is ... most the course is a peice of cake, just extended responses to work on, for IT half yearly i got 15/15 MC, 42/50 SEction II and like 20/30 for Section III :(

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I got 30/30 for the extended response part, it was just a few questions in section 2 I got wrong. The questions I got wrong were a bit dodgy though.

eg: one of them was "Name two things you can do when editing a document"

I wrote delete text and paste text in.. It was worth 2 marks, and I got 0 :S

HSC
that was my half yearly IT mind you, i think i destroyed my trial :p i'll see though, i only did it on monday

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Jayphen said:
eg: one of them was "Name two things you can do when editing a document"

I wrote delete text and paste text in.. It was worth 2 marks, and I got 0 :S
- Dude are you for real? What answer was your teacher looking for?!?

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
SiZmOs said:
- Dude are you for real? What answer was your teacher looking for?!?
Umm apparantly the only acceptable answers were grammar check and spell check..

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Jayphen said:
Umm apparantly the only acceptable answers were grammar check and spell check..
that's crap mate. if id hav gotten that question i probably would have written the same response as you.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Yeah, it was just shitty ambiguous questions like that that I got wrong.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Jayphen said:
Yeah, it was just shitty ambiguous questions like that that I got wrong.
one would think they would try to eliminate all questions like that. i mean, i understand they need to have some degree of ambiguity but to an extent to which we cant discern a response??

mcbec

HSC
yeah i agree.... some questions are too broad too, and u could have many different answers that could be correct, but they only specify one answer, and if u dont have it, too bad... thats what happened for some questions in our trial too. its kinda dodgy how they do that...

chidori69

yeah! im perverted!
HSC
well for mine... i had mine made by tafe... and the exam was stupid.. although i havent got the results back.,.. but i am thinking i got about 50%..i hope anyway...

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
this is a fucked up test..i thought i did gud but they marked hard ass. i got like 48% =2nd with couple more guys with 39/80....the higest was 60%. btw, the test was written by our teachers.

Götterfunken

HSC
I just did mine today. Not bad, but I think I made a mistake on a SQL question.

At any rate, our teacher is grossly incompetent so I will be happy if I don’t fail!

HSC
well i got 80% in the end, highest 88%, average was about 55%, so im 4th out of 65, but im happy that i got 14/15 for one extended response but only 11/15 for the other, fucking it asked to do a brochure, and to describe how a backup is done/adjust monitor/and some other shit

i got cut because i only wrote how to do backup and not restore/test if its worked! (even though it didnt state so, the entire backup procedure is that, but it still only said how to perform a backup), and monitor adjustment i didnt address the OH&S issues of the cable at the back

but i got highest mark in the year for middle section (29.5/35) and im not sure about MC but everyone got 8/15 i got 12/15, i lost heaps of my middle section marks on stupid things like we're asked to list fields in a case scenario and instead of putting 'company' i put 'occupation' =/ oh well, overall good, 4/65 is better than 6/65 (what i got half yearlies), so those few hours study have won me 5% and 2 ranks since half yearly, yay :p

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Mark: 88.75% - It would be nice if they rounded that up to 89% for my report.

I got exactly the same mark and rank for the half yearlies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)