• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2006 Scholarship (1 Viewer)

Chicago

Now how heavy is that??!!
HSC
Hey to anyone out there......i applied for the Vice Chancellors Scholarship and posted in my application on 29th September......and still havent got a reply...does that mean im rejected??? i mean wouldnt they send me a rejection letter by now??

L

LaraB

Chicago said:
Hey to anyone out there......i applied for the Vice Chancellors Scholarship and posted in my application on 29th September......and still havent got a reply...does that mean im rejected??? i mean wouldnt they send me a rejection letter by now??
no they wouldn't have.

its partially based on UAI so you will recieve a reponse within about a fortnight of UAI results being released.

d_elmo

HSC
as far as i know they dont send out rejection letters. i applied for a scholarship last year and after a while i just assumed i didnt get it. Like LaraB said, UAI is accounted for so you probably won't find out until the marks come out.

L

LaraB

d_elmo said:
as far as i know they dont send out rejection letters. i applied for a scholarship last year and after a while i just assumed i didnt get it. Like LaraB said, UAI is accounted for so you probably won't find out until the marks come out.
it depends on hwat schoalrship you apply for as to whether you get a 'rejection' letter...

because not all are funded/organised by the uni so its up to the donor to notify.

that said - last year, if you were successful you receives a notice after UAI's were released and before Uni Admissions were released - basically they do that so they can have a morning tea wit you to talk to you all and meet the VC and stuff so they can try convince you to come to uni

lol last year they said they did it coz our UAIs were all really high so they wanted to get to know everyone and see who was still wanting to go to UWS since we had high UAI.. pretty sure everyone stayed at UWS tho:)

you can probly tell when you get ur UAI though as to how good a chance you have of gettin it - eg... i got 98.4 so i was pretty much assured the scholarships i got since most people with those kinda uai's go elsewhere... but a girl i know who got one of the VC ones got like..93 or somthing i think? so i mean.. if you get aroun 95+ its reallylike you'll get it, 92+ its likely, 90+ its a maybe...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)