• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007: What songs should i Sing (1 Viewer)

ConcreteAngel

HSC
I'm a singer and doing my HSC in 2007... The topics im doing are, Music in the 20 and 21 centurys, Instrument and its repitoir and country music, im also doing 4 performances for my HSC and i was wondering what songs i could sing for any/all of those that would get me pretty good marks

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Just some questions to get more of an idea to give better suggestions:

What's your voice type?
What sort of music do you like to sing?
Do you have a teacher?
How long have you been learning for?

babylupin

HSC
I agree with Emma-Jayde.

If you're doign country music, one coudl assume that is the type of voice you have.
Go with your gut, ask you're music teacher what they think, or seeek help from local music teachers.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
I meant voice type as in soprano/alto/mezzo/whatever :)

Question to the mods: Would it be a good idea to merge the 2 most recent 'singer' threads? I think a lot of the info in both of them is quite relevant to all singers, and some of the same questions will probably pop up too.
If not, well, whatever.

Last edited:
HSC
May i suggest that when you are picking your songs, do not be too obvious or pick a really popular song. singers in my school are banned from singing angel by sarah mcgloghclan in their HSC because it's so over done. pick a song that suits your voice - dont change your voice to suit the song; you'd be surprised how easily you can pick up marks that way. dont be afraid to challenge yourself - but know your limits and dont try for something you really cant do, just to see if you can! it's not worth the stress or the throat nodules!!!

hillysbubigirl

HSC
ConcreteAngel said:
I'm a singer and doing my HSC in 2007... The topics im doing are, Music in the 20 and 21 centurys, Instrument and its repitoir and country music, im also doing 4 performances for my HSC and i was wondering what songs i could sing for any/all of those that would get me pretty good marks
if your voice can handle it eva cassidy versions of songs are good her version of over the rainbow is awesome .... if you really want to challenge yourself try eva's version of God Bless The Child

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)