• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2008 school certificate math,last question (1 Viewer)

FTW

HSC
I noticed you have made heaps of different threads, try and put all your questions in 1 thread as it gets annoying... anyway:

84: a. i. (1+2+3+4) = 10
ii. 36= 1=(1)+2=(3)+3=(6)+4=(10)+5 = (15)+6 = (21) + 7 = (28) + 8 = (36)
:. there is 8 people playing

b) 2/9 (1 person is holding the ball, there are two of them and 7 other people already in the circle)

c) circumference/pi = diameter 44/pi = 14m (this is the longest pass as the ball must be passed in a staight line and the longest line that can go though a circle must pass through the centre, therefore the pass must be the diameter of the circle)(the other person would be directly oppostie you as there are an even number of people in the circle)

supre

HSC
I noticed you have made heaps of different threads, try and put all your questions in 1 thread as it gets annoying... anyway:

84: a. i. (1+2+3+4) = 10
ii. 36= 1=(1)+2=(3)+3=(6)+4=(10)+5 = (15)+6 = (21) + 7 = (28) + 8 = (36)
:. there is 8 people playing

b) 2/9 (1 person is holding the ball, there are two of them and 7 other people already in the circle)

c) circumference/pi = diameter 44/pi = 14m (this is the longest pass as the ball must be passed in a staight line and the longest line that can go though a circle must pass through the centre, therefore the pass must be the diameter of the circle)(the other person would be directly oppostie you as there are an even number of people in the circle)
isnt this 2/10 because there are alreaddy 8 people in the team they join and they are asking the probablity of either of them getting the ball. so it would be simplified to 1/5

lychnobity

HSC
isnt this 2/10 because there are alreaddy 8 people in the team they join and they are asking the probablity of either of them getting the ball. so it would be simplified to 1/5
No, because there's 9 people to pass the ball to.

10 people are in the game, yes. But ONE of them has the ball, so that means there's 9 people to pass to.

.'. probability of the ball going to Kasey or Ben is 2/9

erikartman

HSC
wouldn't the answer to ii be 9 for that same reason? just checking.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
wouldn't the answer to ii be 9 for that same reason? just checking.
The questions asks the probability of passing to the ball to either Kasey or Ben
out of 10 people there, one has the ball.
p(ball to kasey or ben) = 2/9 (2= kasey, ben; 9=number possible players that the ball can be passed to)

Last edited:

h3ll h0und

HSC
The questions asks the probability of passing to the ball to either Kasey or Ben
out of 10 people there, one has the ball.
p(ball to kasey or ben) = 2/9 (2= kasey, ben; 9=number possible players that the ball can be passed to)
i remember this question =) i got the same answer as amogh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)