2009 HSC Raw Marks (1 Viewer)

blackratpoo

HSC
wow. without a re-check on q8 you would have got 2 instead of 4. can you post physics next. :)

blackratpoo

HSC
haha - i know. i dont know if the marker was trying to be phonetic but leave it to a maths teacher to mispell. atleast they caught the mistake - thats reassuring in a way. there are lots of markings. wow.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I've uploaded Physics (by popular demand), and MX1. I would do Legal Studies but I can't find the extended responses at the moment.

blackratpoo

HSC
is physics double-marked? coz its untouched. are the marks you got whole - or are some 1.5/3 for example?

ajdlinux

HSC
is physics double-marked? coz its untouched. are the marks you got whole - or are some 1.5/3 for example?
Physics is single-marked, but unlike Maths they don't write all over the sheet, and unlike the humanities they have less ticking and crossing and so on. This is consistent with what helper has told us (he's marked Physics). The exact marking methods are different from subject to subject.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Physics is single-marked, but unlike Maths they don't write all over the sheet, and unlike the humanities they have less ticking and crossing and so on. This is consistent with what helper has told us (he's marked Physics). The exact marking methods are different from subject to subject.
In the histories the markers put no marks on the page at all except for a small mark to indicate that they have read the page.

ajdlinux

HSC
In the histories the markers put no marks on the page at all except for a small mark to indicate that they have read the page.
My Legal paper shows nothing other than one or two ticks in the top-right corner of each page, and a few numbers written on the front cover (e.g. '1/2' or '4/1'). On my English papers there's a few numbers on the front and nothing at all in the middle.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
So 57 was cutoff for MX1 this year! Thought it'd be lower considering the Exam Thoughts.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My Legal paper shows nothing other than one or two ticks in the top-right corner of each page, and a few numbers written on the front cover (e.g. '1/2' or '4/1'). On my English papers there's a few numbers on the front and nothing at all in the middle.

I was fairly sure that that was the practice in other subjects but couldn't comment having not marked them.

The 1/2 would indicate, to me anyway, either that you had 2 booklets or that your booklet was the top booklet in a pile from your school and that there were 2 bundles from your school. Why 4/1 I don't know - unless again it is meant to mean that there were four bundles and again your are the first script in that bundle. The reason I say you would be the top script - by that I mean the script on top of the pile and thus the first one to be marked - is that they don't put those sorts of figures on all scripts - based on my experience with history but other subjects might do somethings slightly differently.

Thecorey0

HSC
My package from the Board of Studies came two days ago. However I am unable to disclose the contents as I am on holidays in Sydney/North Coast until the 14th.

ajdlinux

HSC
Have now uploaded the Legal Studies papers. It appears that OBOS forgot to put in my extended response booklets in response to the request, but a quick email fixed all that up and they very kindly scanned it for me. :)

blackratpoo

HSC
im confused on what is and isnt double marked in english. in hugh parsonage's results, he only had decimal place (e.g. 12.5/20) in his modules marks indicating they were double marked. however, his a.o.s essay and the creative were integer values (either single marked or double marked). his comprehension was decimal places.

so his suggest from what we can defitnley tell:
Double Marked: A.O.S Comprehension (i Dont know why!), Module A, Module B, Module C.
Single Marked: A.O.S Creative and A.O.S Essay

However, ajdlinux's results suggest the complete opposite. that the modules are single marked and creative and A.O.S essay are double marked.

b4 anyone says it is possible for papers to be double marked and get whole numbers, i know. (e.g. 12 12 12 or 10 14 12) but still think this is a little odd.

so all we can conclude from this is that all of english is double marked? that ruins a few rumours. also, could it be possible that from yr to yr that they change what gets double marked?

meh.

ajdlinux

HSC
im confused on what is and isnt double marked in english. in hugh parsonage's results, he only had decimal place (e.g. 12.5/20) in his modules marks indicating they were double marked. however, his a.o.s essay and the creative were integer values (either single marked or double marked). his comprehension was decimal places.

so his suggest from what we can defitnley tell:
Double Marked: A.O.S Comprehension (i Dont know why!), Module A, Module B, Module C.
Single Marked: A.O.S Creative and A.O.S Essay

However, ajdlinux's results suggest the complete opposite. that the modules are single marked and creative and A.O.S essay are double marked.

b4 anyone says it is possible for papers to be double marked and get whole numbers, i know. (e.g. 12 12 12 or 10 14 12) but still think this is a little odd.

so all we can conclude from this is that all of english is double marked? that ruins a few rumours. also, could it be possible that from yr to yr that they change what gets double marked?

meh.
My understanding is that everything in English is double marked. The markers are given enough training to know the difference between a 12 and a 13, so it doesn't surprise me that there's a lot of integer marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)